How We Wickered Chicken

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Wickered Good Chicken

Just had to try the Wicker's Chicken Recipe as posted on several recent cooks.

Made the sauce & marinated some chicken thighs for 5 hours, caged them & put them in the 14.5.

PICT5449_zpsrufdn4fj.jpg

Let them spin over full ring of used KBB with 5 small chunks of cherry.

PICT5453_zpsondggsoh.jpg

350* & 50 minutes later...

PICT5458_zps2izdoxuo.jpg

Time To Eat!

PICT5468_zpsfinua2ma.jpg

Wow... was this chicken good! Wifey says the thighs were perfect. What does she know? I think they could have cooked 5 - 8 minutes longer.

fwiw - I put this recipe right up there with Roadside & Cornell Chicken. & it's so EZ to do.

Last edited:
Wow... was this chicken good! Wifey says the thighs were perfect. What does she know? I think they could have cooked 5 - 8 minutes longer. fwiw - I put this recipe right up there with Roadside & Cornell Chicken. & it's so EZ to do.
Gonna have to give this marinade / mop a try, your chicken thighs look as good as it gets. How important would you say it is, spinning them vs just BBQing them on the grate?

Gonna have to give this marinade / mop a try, your chicken thighs look as good as it gets. How important would you say it is, spinning them vs just BBQing them on the grate?

Thanks, Chuck. Doubt there is a big difference. You wouldn't have to clean a basket, however rotisserie makes the cook fool-proof.

I'm out of the real deal whickers so I'll be giving this recipe a try. Love the basket Robert and the thighs look killer.

Chicken looks great!

Wait they make a roto for the 14.5". Where have I been...

Back