Father's Day Porterhouse and Sriracha Asparagus

KevinJ

TVWBB Pro
Hello all, I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted a cook. Steaks on sale so I picked one to make for dinner with some veggies. Salted the steak for about 3 hours and patted dry before grilling. Went with the normal sear and then indirect to 125. Pulled it and let it rest while I grilled the onions and asparagus. The asparagus was covered in a mixture of olive oil, sriracha, salt and pepper before going on, and then basted right before being done.

Uncooked 2lb porterhouse.

Steak and Asparagus off the grill.

Steak sliced and ready to eat.

Steak was fantastic and the asparagus was just as good.

Hope you all enjoyed the your Father's Day!!

That's a great looking steak Kevin. I like the idea of mixing in some Sriracha on the asparagus, I'm going to give that a try.

I don't know which looks better, that Porterhouse or the Sriracha Asparagus. Ok.. The steak gets the edge but not by much. I love asparagus and will surely try some sriracha with it one of these cooks.

Ok I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow!! That looks awesome, will give the sriracha a try. I love asparagus and love sriracha I'm sure they go good together.

Nice carving skills as well.

Porterhouse, its whats for dinner in Sam Elliot's voice over..;) love the Sriracha gus.
You nailed that cook Kevin.

Thanks for the kind comments. Just a quick note on the asparagus. I really enjoyed it and it had just a faint hint of heat. Next time I will mix some extra sriracha, oil, S&P to baste it more when I am about to take it off.

Back