Grilling/smoking with Mayo

Pretty interesting idea, although I think I'd lean more toward poultry if I was going to give it a try.

That was a good read.
I've tried it for grilled cheese and oven fried chicken and CSR"s but never on a steak or veggies.
Thank's for sharing.

Tim

We've done it for years on swordfish, it's really good. Smear it on both sides, adds a nice flavor and browns up nicely.

When I smoked a bacon-wrapped pork loin a couple weeks ago, I added a small coating of mayo around the pork loin before I added my rub and wrapped with bacon. Just to give it an extra layer of fat. I like using mayo as a coating more than things like mustard.

We've done it for years on swordfish, it's really good. Smear it on both sides, adds a nice flavor and browns up nicely.
It's amazing on Crappie & Blue Gills. Crush up some Ritz crackers, add Mayo (Best Foods) to crackers, baste the Pan Fish with the Mayo-Ritz Crackers both sides, and grill away. It doesn't get any better

Thanks for sharing Nathan. I have been meaning to grill some avocados, guess I'll slap some Duke's mayo in them before they hit the grill.

I regularly grill cedar planked salmon, steelhead, and other fish. I have, for some time, used a coat of mayo, then a coat of rub. It definitely increases the moisture in the finished product. It also holds the rub well.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53

If you lived in Alabama, you would know all about using mayo in the smoking process! Just visit Bob's BBQ and expect good eating for a southern state that is.

A friend uses mayo when grilling salmon. It comes out great but I never saw the need. Maybe this summer...

Back