I Finally Got a 26er

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have been wanting a 26" kettle to round out the collection and I finally bought one. It was an auction for a NIB 26er. I ended up paying $175 out the door. I think I'm going to list my extra 22 kettle on CL to clear up some space. It's gonna be a great Father's Day.

What a score Pat, I gave up on finding a 26er, and bought another gas assist SS performer instead.

Nice Pat, I'd love to have one but really don't need that much space. But you got a great deal on that one. Now if Weber came out with a gas assist 26 performer I might be tempted to sell my existing performer and get a 26er.

Just did my first two racks of ribs yesterday with a fuse burn on my newly acquired, pre-owned 26," from a tvwbb member. I am absolutely SOLD! As a long time 22" guy, I wondered if it would be better than having two 22's going at the same time. Short answer is...YES! I feel like I went from driving a Cadillac in a Weber 22" to driving a Mercedes in a Weber 26."

Not sure how I made it before without a 26?"...but I know I can't realistically go back to a 22" for my day-to-day needs. The fit and finish is just...better.

I love it! And you will too!

Congrats ! Glad you are happy with it. I was thinking I needed one but I immediately found out that I could not use one. I use a wheelchair so the reach and weight of the lid make it near impossible. No big loss as I no longer cook as much anymore. Enjoy !

I cooked a Tri-tip indirectly on my 26 for the first time today...probably ever (I normally cook them directly). Turned out very nice!

Man. With all the vents closed that thing was still at 150... 6 hours later off of a single chimney!

Back