A Broken Spirit, Weber that is

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Took Whitney for our morning walk and one of the neighbors a few doors down is an exterminator or as his hat says the Rat Man. This guy gets more stuff than anyone I’ve ever known. He does a lot of cleanup work for real estate people on vacant houses. He had a bunch of trash he was going to take to the dump from a house he cleaned up. Sitting on the top of the pile was a Weber Spirit.
Well I had to save it from being discarded, I knew I could fix it.
I asked and he gave it to me.

Well I’ve seen some filthy grills before but never anything like this. I really believe it has never been cleaned.
The good side is there isn’t any rust or corrosion and the burners and FBs are in great shape. The grates not so good, but if I can get the ¼ inch of burned on crud off of them they may be fine.

Hers a few pictures of the poor thing I’ll post more as I get it cleaned up.
100_0546_zpschmz6ulg.jpg

100_0548_zpsufdrdhmv.jpg

100_0550_zpssmowzlx9.jpg

100_0553_zpsvkybg0si.jpg

Last edited:
I kind of know that look. My wife gives it to me. Recently she knows I have been "on the hunt" since I gave my trusty old Genesis to the daughter and son in law. Missed on a couple steals but I will persevere LOL

Hi Rich, it's been cheap and the basket close to the gas controls are not so dirty hahahahahaha

In a pair of weeks it's working!

Back