Is this a 26" kettle?

Paul Hendricks

Saw this on Craigslist near my work. I emailed the seller and they say it measures about 26". I am not 100 percent sold on it being a 26". Can anyone tell me one way or the other if it appears to be a 22 or a 26? I would hate to waste an hour round trip only to find the seller lacks measuring skills.

The black ash catcher tells me it might be a 26, but the triangle tells me otherwise.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't look like it. Here are the work kettles we have for comparison, the front one is a 22":

20170216_234618375_iOS.jpg

The new 26" has a lid bale thing as well. It doesn't look like your example has that.

Last edited:
John, I am thinking that since it doesn't have the thermometer in the lid, that it may be an older model without the lid bale. Not sure though. I have yet to hear back from the seller for me to see it. I have seen some older 26" units online with the black ash catcher. But most of those have the heat guard on the lid handle. She is selling it for $120. I cant imagine someone trying to sell a 22 for that......for like 20 bucks more you get a brand new one.

If/when I hear back from the seller, I will ask her to double check the measurement.

I wonder if the seller took a measurement from handle to back of bowl? That would end up pretty near 26 but, it's a stretch.

Back