Foil Wrapped Ribs - Spirit 310

SEErnst

I attempted to follow the Weber foil-wrapped-baby-back-ribs recipe on my Spirit 310 grill. I set all 3 burners to the medium setting but the temperature routinely exceeded 500 degrees. Does that make sense for a medium setting? Sorry for the newb question, this was my first attempt to at ribs. I normally do chicken, steaks, burgers and hot dogs.

Turn down your burners. The recipe says, "Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F)." If you're getting 500*F+ with all three burners set to MEDIUM, turn down all three burners an equal amount so your Spirit runs 350*F to 450*F. For example, you might achieve this with all three burners on LOW. Experiment with lower settings and you'll get it! :)

Try and try!
It's difficult to guess the temperature at the beginning. Even when I move the gasser to the sun It get hotter sometimes.

I'm going to try that recipe in two weeks that I have 12 people for lunch and it doesn't take too much previous time.

If you do a test with 1/3 or 1/2 a slab, you could try using just 2 burners to control your heat, set between low and medium. Then turn all 3 on to finish
the ribs when they come out of the foil. Welcome to TVWBB!

I attempted to follow the Weber foil-wrapped-baby-back-ribs recipe on my Spirit 310 grill. I set all 3 burners to the medium setting but the temperature routinely exceeded 500 degrees. Does that make sense for a medium setting? Sorry for the newb question, this was my first attempt to at ribs. I normally do chicken, steaks, burgers and hot dogs.

The Spirit will cook your ribs nicely. I recently used my sister inlaw's Spirit to cook six racks of huge Baby Back ribs. I did an indirect cook, burner on low. Good luck and welcome

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?70290-Six-Baby-Backs-on-the-Weber-Spirit

Back