New rotiss, Best way to cook chicken.?

Dean in Mich.

TVWBB Member
I just got my new rotiss in the mail for my older genny silver B and im getting anxious to try it out.
I bought a rotiss from ONEGRILL.COM and its top quality.
What are your favorite recipes for rotisserie chicken on the gas grill?
Brine the bird or not?

KISS is my preferred method, salt, pepper a light spritz of olive oil. If you get over to Frankenmuth, pick up some of their chicken seasoning, it's pretty good!

Keep
It
Simple,
Stupid

It's an old old salesman joke.
I usually go straight indirect method, but, I'm also a charcoal guy.
Spit the bird, trussing to keep the wings and legs from flopping about, season, do not stuff five pound chicken about an hour and a half.

Last edited:
Lmao...
Ok... the chicken on the gas grill rotisserie was just okay in my opinion ...because I am just so used to charcoal.
I am glad I held onto my charcoal rotisserie because the flavor is so much better..

Kalamazoo.
Do you ever get to Petosky? You need to check out some goods from Plaths!
I borrow my sister in laws cottage between Cheboygan and Rogers City so, I visit the R.C. Store for about ten days and seriously over indulge!

Last edited:
They do some fabulous smoked porkchops, smoked pork loins, sausages, bacon, not a lot of unusual products but, really well done! On vacation north of R.C I get their baked beans as well as my "opening the cottage" treat, a massive ribeye!
Well, to be honest, I get a small cooler full of stuff for the arrival of the rest of the family the next day, smoked loin spread, breakfast sausage, jerky, and so forth. We are there for ten days so I have a good time visiting with John. Then, the day we leave I load another cooler for some things to save me having to think about what to cook for a couple of days.

Back