Cl find, Genesis silver B

Tazz

TVWBB Member
Hi all, been lurking for a while, I have a older performer that I absolutely love and is the only thing I've been using for the past few years, now I'm in the market for a gasser. I found this one for $75, I'm just wondering if this is a decent price. The seller says the only thing it needs is a ignitor.

image1_zpsg5sd2vtv.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image2_zpsx9c0n58c.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks good to me. Does it light and run? The flavorizer bars look good from the second picture, check the burners and you just might be in business for 5 years with no investment beyond the purchase!

Unless, of course .... you're like us .....

I don't know know if it lights and runs yet, haven't seen it yet other than these pics he posted. He says it's in proper working order and yes I'm just like you guys. My performer is getting some love this week with a new table, wheels and bale.

I'm just like you guys as I'm already looking at SS flavorizer bars and grates but these look to be in really good shape

Last edited:
Personally I don't mind spending a little money on my grill every year. Some are on tight budgets, as I am at times too, but the grill is a year round appliance for me, so a few bucks a year doesn't bother me a bit.

Good luck, and let's see some pictures if you go hog wild!

Slainte!

Tim

Yeah I'm a year round griller myself, nothing better than shoveling a path to the grill after a major snow storm. I probably won't go hog wild this year, way too many other projects to finish up first.

Projects. I get it man. I have a million! Various factors contribute to the urgency of each. The grill, for me, is high on the list, but that's just setting precedent with the Mrs.

I have the performer and a UDS that I made a few years ago, I told my wife that I wanted to get this grill and her reply was "what do you need another grill for" I just kept my mouth shut after that cause anything I said after that would be pointless.

Grill looks well taken care of and if the burner tubes, flavorizer bars and cooking grate is in good shape, it would be a steal at $75. A little cleaning and a $12 igniter will make it like a new $400 grill.

Hi all, been lurking for a while, I have a older performer that I absolutely love and is the only thing I've been using for the past few years, now I'm in the market for a gasser. I found this one for $75, I'm just wondering if this is a decent price. The seller says the only thing it needs is a ignitor.

image1_zpsg5sd2vtv.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image2_zpsx9c0n58c.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

You found one that looks THAT good for $75 and you haven't bought it yet? You're lucky it's too far for me LOL. What are you waiting for?!

waiting on the seller, going to meet him Friday after work. he never posted pics on cl, the ad was posted the 29 of April and I just replied the other day asking if he still had it. I was expecting it to be a pos as there were no pics but I was pleasantly surprised when he sent me those.

Looks really good - especially for that price. If close inspection of the frame reveals no rust (and from the pics it looks like there isn't any), I'd jump on it.

If the flavo bars and burners are in good shape, it looks like you will have a fully functioning grill with many years left in it. In that case, I think $75 would be a good deal. But if he has been sitting on it since April, I think you can probably get it for $50.00
Good luck.

Just curious as to what everyone is doing now for 20lb tanks. Last time I had one was about 12 years ago. I have a feeling I should just buy a new tank and do it the way I used to.

I get my tanks refilled for about $10 rather than exchanging for $20
My brother still does the exchange thing. I have one in my patio heater and one spare now. I gave my silver B to my wife's son so, he can do whatever he wants. I just never warmed up to the gasser. Thanks for all the help in the parts chase Rich! He needed a grill, I had seven, the math was easy.

Back