Ideas Mod Door

David Fletcher

Hello all, no matter how I bend original door for wsm always have flow that makes my heat fluctuate. I've cooked everything else on my smoker but brisket because of my door problem. Any ideas for mods? I'm looking for a simple fix.

I wouldn't worry about it. Mine leaked, too. Get your fire management skills down & temp control will be fine.
Have done so many cooks & the interior is so seasoned, you can't tell there is/was a door when viewed from the inside of the cook chamber.

My WSM's aren't perfect and never have been. I learned long ago to just go with the flow or whatever temp they cruised at.
275 with an empty foiled pan.
If your trying for low and slow with a heat sink or an ATC your better off following Dustin's lead on getting gaskets.:)

Tim

I purchased a gasket kit a couple months ago. I am quite pleased. But a word of advice, I attached the gasket to the WSM center section and don't like it. I would recommend putting the gasket on the door instead.

I purchased a gasket kit a couple months ago. I am quite pleased. But a word of advice, I attached the gasket to the WSM center section and don't like it. I would recommend putting the gasket on the door instead.
Is 1/2 inch wide enough for the door do you think?

Back