My Smoke Day- As Seen on Twitter

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
Posting these here, before they disappear forever.

Setting up at the JRPfeff Compound.

DA3GXnJXUAQCxVF.jpg

B-24 Liberator fly-over. I also had a formation of Warbird fighters fly by.

DA3hLDQW0AAoXHn.jpg

Smoke Day Evening. Our party was the next day.

DA4KPikXcAEC0Oq.jpg

Burnt Ends before they go back on the WSM. Only complaint I got is that KC Burnt Ends are never this tender. Oh you poor guy...

DA7L3BiWAAIwiva.jpg

Stacker on the WSM with the Weber hanger accessory. I hung 5 racks of back ribs and put the Burnt Ends and smoked sausage on a rack on top,

DA7SjLUWsAEd_oi.jpg

I had some turkey on the 26 incher.

DA8DnLdWAAsJmLA.jpg

Grilled ratatouille was a new addition this year.

DA8QMjMW0AA2EWA.jpg

Pies.

DA8eVqjU0AAc7Q1.jpg

Pies.

DA8eYmAUIAANWmY.jpg

Pies.

DA8eaqKUQAAFU9o.jpg

Aaron Franklin could personally barbecue all the meat at my place and it would still be Pie Day.

Last edited:
Jim - It rained in the morning and I was absolutely soaked. It cleared up by 11:00 and the ground was dry when guests showed up at 2:00.

V_Rocco, Jim & Chuck - Thank you for the kind words.

BTW - I sliced that brisket flat with the grain without thinking. One of the last people I served noticed, but it remained our secret. It was still tender, but I think it was more moist cut across the grain.

Jim

Carolina pies! Yummy!

Were the fly-overs from Bragg? They always put on a show at Charlotte Motor Speedway this time of year.

Rusty,

This was at my permanent home in Wisconsin. Cheesehead Pies!

They fly the Warbirds over many of the parades on Memorial Day. We are a mile from a small airport.

Jim

Oops. Come to think of it, that chocolate pie does have an imprint of the state of Wisconsin in the middle - sort of.

At least there was no shortage of cream for the pies.

Someone done a heck of a baking job.

Back