Anybody else having problems loading pictures from photo bucket

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
When I try and load pictures using Direct it highlights what is already in the box and doesn't say "copied " been doing this for three days.

Last edited:
I had that issue for a while. Now, I just right click on the pic and select 'copy image address'. Then I paste into my post and add the 'IMG' tags.

I had a bunch of trouble with PB so I moved to Flickr which was a huge learning curve. Still not sure I have it right.

I like Jim's recommendation.

I had that issue for a while. Now, I just right click on the pic and select 'copy image address'. Then I paste into my post and add the 'IMG' tags.

Jim, thanks for the tip. Win 10 gives me two options copy image address or just copy. I tried the copy one and it works perfectly. Don't need to add the "img" tags

I was trying to compose a review of a barbecue place yesterday and cutting and pasting pictures. I've got excellent internet but my computer is kind of old (It was nice for 2008). Photobucket slows it to a crawl with the ads. I've successfully used flickr. I may just have to go to that. It's stupid typing a whole sentence and having to wait 30 seconds for text to show up.

Rich... Have you by chance changed browsers? When I switched for IE to Chrome it really messed with what I have to do to post my pic's on Photobucket.

Rich the same thing happened to me on my last post. Like JimK says I just right clicked and copied and then pasted to the post. I have heard that if you pony up the monthly fee that photo bucket works fine. Not sure I like being coerced into this. But it is definitely frustrating.

Rich... Have you by chance changed browsers? When I switched for IE to Chrome it really messed with what I have to do to post my pic's on Photobucket.

Haven't changed browsers or anything else. It was working fine until a few days ago. Finally got a reply from their tech folks saying that they are aware of the issue and are trying to get it fixed. Seems not everyone is having a problem, but there is a bunch of us that do.

Rich the same thing happened to me on my last post. Like JimK says I just right clicked and copied and then pasted to the post. I have heard that if you pony up the monthly fee that photo bucket works fine. Not sure I like being coerced into this. But it is definitely frustrating.

The problem I have with the copy form is the pictures are really small when posted, but it is actually quicker than the direct method.
I paid for ad free and it is wonderful if the site is working right, which is sporadic at best. Load up 10 pictures and get them posted to the forum less than 5 minutes.

I was trying to compose a review of a barbecue place yesterday and cutting and pasting pictures. I've got excellent internet but my computer is kind of old (It was nice for 2008). Photobucket slows it to a crawl with the ads. I've successfully used flickr. I may just have to go to that. It's stupid typing a whole sentence and having to wait 30 seconds for text to show up.

Have you tried an ad-blocker, Dustin?

EDIT: Maybe you already know this, but there is a free junk file cleaner called CCleaner that can free up some file space and resources that *might* cause some of the typing problems you described. Then again, it could be the web site itself causing the problem. The program also has a Tools > Startup section that can identify resource-grabbing programs that can be disabled. A Google search can tell you if a service is unnecessary or not.

Last edited:
Rich it just kills me that photobucket gets away with such a poor service. What with competition and all. Hey, all you talented smart computer guys out there here's your opportunity!

I did get a response from PBs tech support. They said the problem is not wide spread and is moving around they are having a problem narrowing down what's common to the problem and the users. He also gave me a work around that will allow me to post normal size pictures, which works fine until they get it fixed.

If it happens to you when you hit "Direct" and it just highlights the word "Direct" move over to the link portion of "Direct" and highlight the link. Right click and hit copy, go to the forum and post it as you always do.

Glad you're getting it resolved Rich. I don't even use the "direct" feature. I wasn't even sure what you meant. I've always just opened the photo I wish to post. Then I merely tap the img window (two lines below direct). That copies the photo, then jump over to my post and paste the pic. Two clicks of the mouse, start to finish. It's always worked well for me and I've never had any trouble.... That is when PB is working properly. It's funny, you must be shaking things up with them though. I got a pop up survey from PB this morning. One of their questions asking if I use the "direct" feature to post photos. Anyway, glad it had a happy ending. It can really put a test to a person's patience.

UPDATE:

Still no resolution to the problem me and many others are now facing. Problem is now coming up on two weeks old for some. No response to anyone from PBs tech support since 6/6 and there appears to only be a guy named Moss as tech support.
Have a gut feeling that PB may be going away.

Back