Save 20% on ThermoWorks Pro-Series & select Type K probes

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.thermoworks.com/Fathers-Day-2017?tw=VWB&chan=TVWBB

Please use our link to help support the forum!

--

Looking for a sale on probes? ThermoWorks is discounting probes as part of its Father's Day Sale.

Save 20% on Pro-Series probes!
Save 20% on select Type K probes!

Save 15% on black Thermapen Mk4!
Save $63 on ThermaQ kit!
Save 12% on DOT!
Save $20 on Industrial Infrared!
Save 10% on Fun-Size Thermometer!

Are the Pro-Series High Temp Needle Probe with the silicone cord more robust than the metal braided cord? I've gone through about 5 of the metal braided cord probes because they get kinked and then quit working.

The silicone corded probes are waterproof end to end, that's a plus for durability, they certainly wont kink like the braided cords. The only negatives I see are the cord is kinda thick, so if you put it into your grill between the lid and base it may prevent the lid from closing fully and sealing off air flow, and the bead at the probe junction is pretty large, much larger than the other probes. I've had good luck with these probes, they've lasted me a very long time. The only way I have killed them was by pulling on the cable when it was hot, I learned to pull the bead instead... Common sense really.

ThermoWorks sale on probes is still going for another week: http://www.thermoworks.com/Fathers-Day-2017?tw=VWB&chan=TVWBB

• Save 20% on Pro-Series probes!
  • Save 20% on select Type K probes!

Awesome!!
Damn thermocouple just played up and I wasted a pile of beef short ribs (was reporting 110C (225F), but grill was at 180C. )
My heatermeter and I had built up a lot of trust so I was used to going to the supermarket/movies/haircut so I never checked it, especially after an hour - my fault.

Anyway, I came in here all F*ed off to buy a new set of probes so the special makes me happier since im paying in NZD.

2x #TX-1004X-SP
1x #TX-1001X-OP
2x #TW-113-442-GC

Back