Going to start a new project. A grill for my sister.

SteveMiller

I did one for my Dad and posted it on here back around Christmas time.

I picked this one up for $30 on Craigslist this week. It will be a gift for my big sis down in Dayton Ohio.

I will post some progress pics as I go along. This one is in better shape to start than the one I did for my Dad so it should come out awesome. She is going through a bit of rough patch with a divorce so this will be the new grill for her new house. She lives in a nice old neighborhood with lots of cool old houses so this Red Head will look great on her future patio.

W8dv

Last edited:
I did one for my Dad and posted it on here back around Christmas time.

I picked this one up for $30 on Craigslist this week. It will be a gift for my big sis down in Dayton Ohio.

I will post some progress pics as I go along. This one is in better shape to start than the one I did for my Dad so it should come out awesome. She is going through a bit of rough patch with a divorce so this will be the new grill for her new house. She lives in a nice old neighborhood with lots of cool old houses so this Red Head will look great on her future patio.

W8dv

That one should turn out beautiful. Nice score!

Any updates?

Yes! Spent the whole day on it yesterday. The bars and grates were in great shape. I ordered end caps, an igniter, and new casters for it. My Dad is taking it down to her to Ohio disassembled. I will post a pic when he sets it up for her. Time to spend a few days on the wood! Here are some pics from yesterday...

vJxg

aTdN

RLhJ

dl5W

Last edited:
If someone in NorCal wants to build one like this, there is a natural gas one on Sacramento Craigslist that has been dropping in price each week. Now $20.

I'm having trouble resisting buying this, as I want the wider cart for my final keeper grill, but don't have anywhere to put it until I get rid of a grill. So you'd be saving me from myself.

If someone in NorCal wants to build one like this, there is a natural gas one on Sacramento Craigslist that has been dropping in price each week. Now $20.

I'm having trouble resisting buying this, as I want the wider cart for my final keeper grill, but don't have anywhere to put it until I get rid of a grill. So you'd be saving me from myself.

I would think real hard about finding space for it if it was me, those are getting really hard to find.

I need some parts for my red head so this afternoon my wife and I are going on a 200 mile RT to Phoenix where it's 115 degrees to pick up a 1000 platinum grill for parts. That's how hard it is to find these older Weber's here.

Back