Another Craigslist Score!

Today, I offered my "G" code 22.5" kettle as a birthday gift to my brother (he was born in 1985) and was totally stoked by the gesture.

Well now, I need some form of a 22.5" Weber for my frequent outdoor cooking. Anyway, I'm on the old interwebs looking at Craigslist...and what do I find?

A barely used 2003 Weber Performer (22.5" non-assist kettle only model) for $25 with free charcoal and a chimney. The table was cracked, but the kettle itself was in excellent condition. Problem was, it was about an 1.5 hours from where I live now. Good news is, it was 10 minutes from where I used to live...about a mile away from my good buddy's house. Within 30 minutes he was there and home with my new Performer. Next time I head down that way, I am going to pick it up from him.

My Craigslist reach is starting to run all over California! Just have to make a phone call to a friend to get things done.

I think I am good for now...that is...until a 26.5" kettle pops up.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Yeah, I have seen the propane starter and charcoal storage models here for $100-$150 used. I never really wanted one of those, but this Performer is the basic, rack mounted 22 Kettle.

I never had a "one touch" before the used "G" code...and I must say, I really like that feature. Now I've got one with an ash catcher too!

Yeah, I have seen the propane starter and charcoal storage models here for $100-$150 used. I never really wanted one of those, but this Performer is the basic, rack mounted 22 Kettle.

I never had a "one touch" before the used "G" code...and I must say, I really like that feature. Now I've got one with an ash catcher too!

Nice grab Mike. If you call Weber, there's a chance they might replace the table for you. As second owner, the warranty doesn't really extend to you, but sometimes that is overlooked. Also, the newer metal table is a straight drop in replacement. Pat # is 65189 .

If you register it, once you register your eighth or ninth one I think they sent you a hot pad, or maybe an apron, just kidding.
From what I see, registering it gives Weber a base for any warranty issues. Some others here may have more information.

Back