Thermometer

Dustin B.

I accidentally posted this in the grilling section first but I think it should go better here. I got my first Weber Bullet smoker back in November for a Christmas present from my wife. I love it and haven't smoked anything that we didn't love. I got a thermometer that will monitor the smoker temp and the meat temp but went kinda cheap and only spent about $30 on it. I dropped the piece that shows the temperature readings and the speaker that would alert has stopped working. I usually don't need it but if I want to do an over night smoke it would be nice to have. Can y'all suggest a good thermometer that you have had good experiences with? I would like to buy one that is better quality than the one I bought before. Thanks!

I got a "ThermoPro TP08" a shade over forty bucks, it's working nicely! I have managed to drop it more than once but, with the exception of reinstalling the batteries, and re syncing the units, I really have no complaints.

I have a good Maverick ET-733 which I think cost around $60 off Amazon.com.

I also have bought four(4) good "Thermoworks" Thermometers but not the "Smoke"(Thermapop, Chef Alarm,Super-Fast Thermapen, IR-Gun-S).

Last edited:
A word of advice - don't attach the Smoke to the side of the WSM using the magnets :(-

The Smoke works really good - well worth the extra money.

I have used a Maverick 732 for several years with good results. However, I have had problems with their probes. Thermoworks Smoke has better probes. I just recently ordered the Smoke. It will become my primary tool and the Maverick 732 will be my secondary therm...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I got a "ThermoPro TP08" a shade over forty bucks, it's working nicely! I have managed to drop it more than once but, with the exception of reinstalling the batteries, and re syncing the units, I really have no complaints.

I'll second this. I have a TP08. I have only used it 3-4 times, but no lie... have bumped,knocked down, dropped probably 7-10 times (yes I'm a clutz). It works really well, is super durable, has a bunch of different settings, and the remote unit is really nice to monitor temps when doing other things around the house or relaxing in the pool during those long cooks. Can be calibrated also if you get some indication that maybe the temps are off. Really nice buy for $40 and some change.

I have had less than stellar results with customer service at Maverick. I mentioned above that I had ordered the "Smoke" remote therm from Thermoworks. It is to be delivered Friday. However, before I even got it, I got some really good information on using the new Smoke from Thermoworks. These people CARE about their customers. I have a Thermapen, a Pop, and two time sticks from Thermoworks. They have all been really good gear.

I like my Time Sticks so well I ordered extras for my grown children.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

A couple times a year Thermoworks clears out their "open box" and "demonstrator" merchandise at pretty good discounts. I've picked up a number of items during these sales and have been pleased with all of them. So far the Smoke has not been on sale but I'm holding out hope. If you sign up for their newsletter they'll alert you to the sales. They also have some pretty good articles in the newsletter.

Thermoworks Smoke...

$99

Two probes...one for the grate and one for the meat. You can monitor it inside the house or out at a good range. Built to last.

Back