Thermometer

Dustin B.

I got my first Weber Bullet smoker back in November for a Christmas present from my wife. I love it and haven't smoked anything that we didn't love. I got a thermometer that will monitor the smoker temp and the meat temp but went kinda cheap and only spent about $30 on it. I dropped the piece that shows the temperature readings and the speaker that would alert has stopped working. I usually don't need it but if I want to do an over night smoke it would be nice to have. Can y'all suggest a good thermometer that you have had good experiences with? I would like to buy one that is better quality than the one I bought before. Thanks!

I have the Maverick 732. It has been satisfactory, but the probes are a bit fragile. If I were buying today, I would definitely go for Thermoworks "Smoke". They seem to have better, commercial grade, probes. I have had to replace a couple of my Mavericks. Maverick's support is something less than perfect, too, in my opinion...

http://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke?tw=VWB&chan=TVWBB

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

If you have a iPhone or iPad, the iGrill2 has some good features when connected to the app. For overnight cooks, you can get up in the morning and see a line graph of the temperatures during the night. It also has 4 channels, so you can monitor multi-meat cooks, or monitor pit temp on each rack. It's about the same price as the Smoke.

Jeff

I have purchased both the Maverick ET-732 and ET-733 which are both excellent products IMO.

Also, I have not purchased the Thermoworks "Smoke" but have purchased five(5) other excellent Thermoworks Thermometers, i.e., Chef Alarm,Thermopop, IR-Gun-S, Super-Fast Thermapen and Thermoworks RT301.

Back