Feeling saucy!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I'm a pretty devoted "dry rib" guy, but for some reason felt like saucing some bones tonight. So I did.

Three pack of St Louis spares from CostCo @ 240 for about 6.25 hours. Hickory, peach and apple wood. Dusted with DP Red Eye Express, then glazed with doctored Maker's Mark BBQ sauce (3 times, 10 minutes apart starting at 5.5 hrs into the cook.)

Some pics......

After 5.5 hours, just before first saucing:

34792693602_ceda983636_k.jpg

Just about to come off after being sauced 3 times, and left to set up for 15 more minutes:

34569353570_8d9ac4302f_k.jpg

On the plate with some corn (not a great pic, was in a rush....):

34571181070_504d806614_k.jpg

The ribs turned out super tender, and the glaze was a nice change of pace. They pulled off the bone a bit more than I like since I had to hold them for about 45 minutes until the hordes were ready to eat. Great flavor profile with the meat+rub+sauce! Hard to beat ribs off the WSM!

Q on!

Rich

Rich, those ribs are out of sight great job. Like Rich said the hunt is on for the sauce.

Looking good with those spares, Rich! I'm generally a no-sauce guy too, but sometimes it's good to change it up a bit.

Thanks, all, for the nice comments. Hadn't done ribs in a while, and it was nice to have these turn out so well!

Great looking ribs Rich, Love Maker's Mark I'll be looking for it.

If you like Maker's, shouldn't be hard to spot, Rich!

123a_.jpg

Back