WSM Hanging Rack

Len Dennis

TVWBB Diamond Member
I was contacted by DChu about getting him one of these hanging racks. They are available in Canada.

I was able to get the 18" rack for him but we are having an awful time trying to get the cash from the US to Canada.

Derek did everything he could to get me the cash but the border really makes things difficult . We debated on mailing a money order to me (I don't have paypal) and he found a way to do it through paypal (via xoom) whereby I did NOT need to have a paypal account.

Well, I have a US dollar account so figured it would be easy. NOT SO FAST. Derek gave XOOM his money in US dollars but they then convert it to CDN and then (try to) deposit Canadian funds in my US account who then converts it to US dollars because xoom converted it to CDN at their end. Confused? I certainly was.

When I called xoom, I asked why they convert to CDN. They said that they can't send US dollars to Canada. My bank says they can. PLUS the money has not been deposited in any form in my account.

I know that Derek fulfilled his part to the letter. It appears xoom is messing up the tx.

Anyways, the point is I hope this has been straightened out by xoom (just waiting for word from Derek).

If anyone wants either an 18 or 22" hanging rack, pm me. I can get either (now that I know how to get the cash ;) ).

As an example, shipping from Ontario Canada to California is approx $32 CDN.

Last edited:
Just placed my order for the Gateway 30 Gallon Hanging Rack for my WSM 18.5" "Classic" with the "BBQ Guys".

Last edited:
The rack was never sold here in the UK as far as I am aware. I managed to find one in a Barbecue store in Spain, order it and have it sent over. It cost a fortune but has transformed my WSM 18.5"!

The rack was never sold here in the UK as far as I am aware. I managed to find one in a Barbecue store in Spain, order it and have it sent over. It cost a fortune but has transformed my WSM 18.5"!

What other additional BBQ tools did you buy in order to make your "Hanging Rack System Cook" on your WSM 18.5" end with a positive outcome??

Also, what cuts of meat/chicken are you cooking via this system?

You can hang all kinds of stuff: chicken, ribs, tri-tip, sausages, brisket, bacon... just about anything that won' fall apart.
You can skewer veggies & hang them, too.

This was one of my favorites....

PICT1621_zpsmrv5f3oz.jpg

[
PICT1624_zpslsqgiyld.jpg

PICT1635_zpslvth3wxf.jpg

until I made a vertical rotisserie.

Back