Birthday Steak Dinner

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Did this cook last Saturday. Thought I'd better get this posted before the Smoke Day onslaught beginning tomorrow. Haven't done much on the grill or smoker recently as it's weed season here and I've been scrambling to get the property cleared.

~original
I've got 10 1/2 acres of this and it's a lot of work. I am taking today and tomorrow off for Smoke Day and am really looking forward to it. Anyway, on with the post. It was my grandson's birthday and he said he'd like steak for dinner. Picked up some Rib Eyes from Costco. Here's some pic's.

Picked these Rib Eyes up at Costco.

Had some more of these served earlier in the day.

Some bread too.

Got a little carried away on the sear on side one.

Flip and quick sear on side too and moved to indirect for a minute or two to an It of about 125-130.

Grilled some huge bakers to go with the steaks. Some corn too.

Plated.

We had a really good day and it was seeing our son and family. Steaks were fantastic. We've had very good luck with the Costco Prime meat, particularly the Rib Eyes. Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy Smoke Day. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Great cook Cliff, I see you're making some oval loafs too. I'm getting away from the round loafs the ovals are more practical for daily use.

Your grandson is lucky to have a grill master grandad cooking his Birthday dinner.

Happy belated birthday to your GS Cliff, excellent cooks! I might have to rethink that 10 acres thing, it does sound like a lot of work...

Awesome cook Cliff and a happy belated Birthday to you grandson. That is a lot of land to keep up with but it sure is nice in Redding. We us to enjoy going up to a friends cabin years ago in Redding.

Great looking steaks! We did steaks and grilled corn last night too. This is starting to become a tradition to kick off Memorial Day Weekend :). Found a very good deal on NY strip steaks at Fred Meyer yesterday. $4.77/lb. Couldn't resist. Winco had corn on the cob for just 16 cents each. Done. For smoke day I have a pork shoulder on the WSM and it should be done pretty soon :)

Have a wonder Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

Nice looking meal there, and some great looking scenery too! I can't get over how parts of California have green trees and golden grass. Looks like where they filmed Little House on The Prairie.

Happy Birthday to your grandson, Cliff. :)

Back