Value of Weber Genesis Special Edition

DAPohlmann

What you put the value on a Weber Genesis Special Edition like this? They are asking $325.. I don't see enough of these grills to tell if that is a good deal or not. Thanks in advance.

18670936_10213013200954822_5215165369924282310_n.jpg

18670799_10213013200794818_9039451181115095942_n.jpg

18739710_10213013201354832_7692977540222630589_n.jpg

I have yet to figure out what makes the Special Editions 'special'. I can't see anything different between them and a 'regular' Genesis.

Assuming the inside of that cabinet can be cleaned up and that's not corrosion, the igniter works, and burners look OK, I'd be tempted to offer $250, stating that it looks like new grates are in order.

Last edited:
I have yet to figure out what makes the Special Editions 'special'. I can't see anything different between them and a 'regular' Genesis.

Assuming the inside of that cabinet can be cleaned up and that's not corrosion, the igniter works, and burners look OK, I'd be tempted to offer $250, stating that it looks like new grates are in order.

The "Special Edition" is SS grates and flavorizer bars.. my understanding..

Yes that is correct SS grates and bars. Hard to tell if that cabinet is a rust bucket or not. They are very prone to rust through in the cabinet area. But if solid I guess $200-$250 might be fair

Keep water out the cabinet and it's good. Stainless grates and flavorizers without stainless hood and doors of the S models.

I tend to look at pricing by generation / age. A Genny Gold C in very good shape is at lest $200. A Genny 300 series with E/W burners in good shape goes for $250ish. These later model Gennys with the N/S burners go for $350 and up depending on condition of course. If that cart is just dirty, and not rusted out, then yeah, $325 is a good price.

There is one small problem that I ran into with a grill exactly like this, which is that it was impossible to find a matching high heat paint for the cook box. I ended up disassembling the lid and did the lower box and side panels in black, and I also masked off the little side triangular parts of the front control and sprayed them black as well. Ended up looking pretty good.

As a previous poster mentioned, the special edition or "ep" has the stainless grates and flavorizer bars but with an enamel finish on the hood and doors

The price seems to be about the typical going rate, maybe a tad high considering it isn't the 330 with sear station

I tend to look at pricing by generation / age. A Genny Gold C in very good shape is at lest $200. A Genny 300 series with E/W burners in good shape goes for $250ish. These later model Gennys with the N/S burners go for $350 and up depending on condition of course. If that cart is just dirty, and not rusted out, then yeah, $325 is a good price.

There is one small problem that I ran into with a grill exactly like this, which is that it was impossible to find a matching high heat paint for the cook box. I ended up disassembling the lid and did the lower box and side panels in black, and I also masked off the little side triangular parts of the front control and sprayed them black as well. Ended up looking pretty good.

Pics? I wondered always about silver paint match eventually

Pics? I wondered always about silver paint match eventually

After searching and coming to realize that there weren't many alternatives, I used Paint to do a mock up to gauge how it might look. Probably should have used a real life photo of the grill, but I used a stock one that I found.

genny%20300%20all.jpg

The top looked fine to me, but I decided that I didn't like the look of the side panels, so I opted to leave the lower cart alone. I don't have a finished pic, but here's one with the firebox and side caps of the lid painted black.

weber%20300.jpg

I had no choice about painting. There had been a fire in the grill and the paint was flaking off in places on the front and sides of the firebox as well as the side caps.

I ended up selling it to a friend and they got a nice discount as I priced it at $300. At the time, these were going for about $450 around here on CL.

Last edited:
Well I decided to pass on the grill. Wife wasn't crazy about a used grill. But I got the green light to get a Genesis SE-410 in crimson red. Getting it Thursday I'll post some pics after wards. :)

Back