Blue MT WHEEL MOD.

Bob Whitney

TVWBB Fan
About a month ago I found a $20 MT on letgo. Looking past the Black Widow nests and a decade of gunk it wasn't half bad.
It was perfect to do a mock up on something I was thinking about doing to my 26". After a trip to Harbor Freight and Home Depot this is how it ended up. And yes, that a broomstick on the end of the front leg. I'm waiting for a 4" pnumatic swivel caster to get here.

AwesL=http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/Bob_Whitney/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-05/IMG_20170526_101318761_zpsy9h3waki.jpg.html]
IMG_20170526_101318761_zpsy9h3waki.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks for looking.

About a month ago I found a $20 MT on letgo. Looking past the Black Widow nests and a decade of gunk it wasn't half bad.
It was perfect to do a mock up on something I was thinking about doing to my 26". After a trip to Harbor Freight and Home Depot this is how it ended up. And yes, that a broomstick on the end of the front leg. I'm waiting for a 4" pnumatic swivel caster to get here.

AwesL=http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/Bob_Whitney/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-05/IMG_20170526_101318761_zpsy9h3waki.jpg.html]
IMG_20170526_101318761_zpsy9h3waki.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks for looking.

What a great Job.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic job.. I love it..

Wheel mod looks great Bob, what does the front 4" pnumatic swivel caster wheel look like?

I assume that's an all-thread axle? Might be a good idea to grind off the threads the wheel slips over or have some sort of bushing- if theres a metal liner on the wheels forget I said anything.
I'll be interested in seeing the front wheel too. Nice work!

I assume that's an all-thread axle? Might be a good idea to grind off the threads the wheel slips over or have some sort of bushing- if theres a metal liner on the wheels forget I said anything.
I'll be interested in seeing the front wheel too. Nice work!

The wheels have bearings in the hub. I get what you were getting at though. No issues with the wheels.

Back