Dizzy tip and ferris wheel spuds

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Took a quick camp trip for a friends birthday last weekend. I could only go for one night and promised tri tip for the meal.

Packed the minitisserie and the OctoForks.

Sous chef lighting the minitisserie

34437594370_b727990125_c.jpg

He then proceeded to light the campfire.

34691281731_b4fb537c65_c.jpg

34437575870_d5e9fc925d_c.jpg

34437566190_202ac744f4_c.jpg

34691257041_d2eba4e241_c.jpg

Sorry no cut shots. Everyone was hungry and the tip was gone before I knew it!

For breakfast we did scrambled eggs camp style sous vide with a side of biscuits and gravy.

34437547220_9bd5c813da_c.jpg

34691245451_81da8bf57e_c.jpg

34823860265_255a0b7fb1_c.jpg

Food looks great Case. Did the taters and tri-tip take the same amount of time to cook. Beautiful country up there. My sister-in-law has a house in Lake Oswego.

Sous Vide on a camping trip, got to be a first Case. That's the way to have some great food. Nice work Case and kudos to your sous chef too.
Got to look into that little house of horrors OctoForks.

Food looks great Case. Did the taters and tri-tip take the same amount of time to cook. Beautiful country up there. My sister-in-law has a house in Lake Oswego.

Thank you! With this particular cook they did finish at the same time.

Sous Vide on a camping trip, got to be a first Case. That's the way to have some great food. Nice work Case and kudos to your sous chef too.
Got to look into that little house of horrors OctoForks.

Thank you Rich.

We've been making eggs (or omelettess) in a bag for many years. Never thought of it as sous vide until now. Who knew I've been sous vide cooking for years!

Case, that is one outstanding cook it all looks so delicious. Your sous chef did an awesome job also. Great looking country shots, I do miss the camping like that.

Case, that is one outstanding cook it all looks so delicious. Your sous chef did an awesome job also. Great looking country shots, I do miss the camping like that.

Thank you Barb!

We very rarely camp in a campground. Most of the time we dry camp off the beaten path. Good times!

Great looking camp cook Case. Sous Chef is getting big. How are you powering the roto?

Thank you Cliff. The unit I use for the rotissserie is the Grizzly Spit rotisserie. The kit comes with Spit stakes so you can set it up over an open fire. I modified one of my mini's for it. Runs on 2 "D" batteries. Never had them run out of power. I have had the unit turn on not knowing it and run them dead. Now I take the batteries out when not in use.

Back