Small party question

It's Memorial Day weekend, and I'm breaking out my WSM for a small group of friends for the first time. I'm making ribs and chicken, and wondering how much of each I should make. There will be a total of nine adults. I'm thinking two racks of St Louis ribs and two whole chickens. Will that be enough?

I would think it is a little light unless you have a lot of sides. That does not even give each person a quarter chicken and 3 rib bones. I'd be tempted to do at least one more of each - but maybe your guests are lighter eaters than who normally comes to my house.

Also, if you have not already think about what temp you are going to cook at (assuming you want to cook both types of meat at the same time).

Have fun.

There will be plenty of sides, and one of the guests is a very light eater. I'll definitely add at least one more rack. I was planning on a temp of 250-275, with the chickens going on 3-4 hours after the ribs.

John, did the cook go well? I'm sorry I didn't see your question earlier, so did you stick with your original plan and did the chicken get done on time?

Back