201C55F5-AB86-4E93-A7F6-CA56EE3518D2_zpsktigby2u.jpg

Serrano peppers

B3900503-73A4-4ED9-B20A-C03B8553EFE5_zpsyoo3jweo.jpg

Not pictured:

Carmen Peppers
Bonnie Green Bells
Lunchbox Orange Peppers
Tomatos

Hopefully I won't get called up (anymore) so that I can actually grow the garden

Kim and I were just discussing our garden. We had frost last week so of course its not in yet. I love the squash. I usually plant a lot of various peppers but every year they don't get used. So I'm doubling the tomatoes, cutting back to only a couple of bell peppers, cucumbers, summer squash, green beans, zucchini, the perennial chives. That's all the room we have! Going to get after it this memorial day weekend. I love it that yours is already producing.

We started a raised bed, but the results don't look promising. I made the mistake of filling the entire bed with compost.

We've already eaten radishes, lettuce (several kinds), onions and spinach...and a couple of strawberries (from the 2nd garden).

Everything else is still growing: peas, bell peppers, hot peppers (2 kinds), cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, beets, green beans, grapes, strawberries, black raspberries, pears, and hops.

Not out of the ground yet are cucumbers, beets (2rd row), green beans (3rd row).

We gave up this year except for some Jalapenos and herbs in pots. I swear there isn't more than two cubic feet of dirt in the whole state of Arizona and the rest is rock.

We have a lot of small yellow tomatoes, cucumbers are coming in, chili peppers, basil, sage, tarragon, daicon, lemongrass and some mint. I haven't been able to keep it as pretty due to the cast on my foot, but we are harvesting some groceries from it.

Chuck, your 1st photo, we call those Patty Pans in these parts, and they are MY FAVOURITE!
We do have seeds to plant, but ...........

Asparagus, garlic, yellow, red, and white onions, regular and purple kolarabi, jalapeno, mucho nacho jalapeno, habanero, cayenne pepper, serrano pepper, ghost pepper, roma tomato, and better boy tomato.

Lots of different type of chili's
Coriander
Basil
Mint,
Galangal,
Ginger

Can you see I like SE Asian food?

Not too much of tomatoes etc as they will get eaten by my nightly visitor Harry the Hippo...

We gave up this year except for some Jalapenos and herbs in pots. I swear there isn't more than two cubic feet of dirt in the whole state of Arizona and the rest is rock.

hey rich,how's it going? I would recommend to you the "self watering " planters sold by gardeners supply company in Vermont. My yard was all hard pan and not good for growing....put one of these planters where it gets 5 or 6 hrs sun each day , keep it filled with water and you can grow almost anything.I fill mine with potting soil from HD. Seriously , they are amazing.

I got 5 different types of Tomatoes, Bell and Banana Peppers, Cucumbers, Eggplant and Zucchini in different raised beds.

Ours keeps getting smaller each year! This year we have 2 kinds of maters, cherry and slicers. Then there's the herbs: basil, oregano, thyme, sage and rosemary.
A few years ago,we had a rosemary plant in the ground that wouldn't die! We called it the undead rosemary. It grew and grew until it was wrapped around the pickets in the fence and the bush was huge! Unfortunately, when it got that big, the taste got kinda woody and bitter. I wound up digging it up. It took up the whole trash can! What we have now is in a pot, so it won't get so huge and undying! :p

Weeds. We didn't plant this year. I do have some cherry tomatoes growing in 2 Aerogardens inside.

I harvested two of the cowhorns, google search suggest harvesting early and letting them ripen to avoid extreme heat. Can't wait for the squash to ripen up

E250013E-31B4-4012-8F43-AEF264A5D632_zps8ildfstd.jpg

5D544720-503F-4C05-95C6-D7A83CB23097_zpswbnarnzn.jpg

17203F3C-3FB0-4198-AA6F-39D404341610_zpsp7m8uayc.jpg

Gonna have plenty of tomatoes this year

246E1394-837C-4AF2-A239-376BF75A1DA3_zpszpgyo1bs.jpg

A dwarf Clementine Tangerine tree. It will move to the "indoor garden" about mid October.

Chuck, what kind of bedding soil did you use in your raised bed?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great looking tomatoes, Pat, although I seldom see yellow tomatoes in these parts. Are those yet to ripen?

Back