My New Glasses

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Been DYING to get new frames and decided NOT to get frames after all....
Went with Silhouette glasses from our local dealer and Wisconsin's Premiere Lens Maker, Fluegge Optical

qgR04s9disDsO1_cjNF7C17EQw_ZxV5mnOCvhQp0kHISHywYlHjJZFloIrjz3X8JeyIlm9eJnuDmLjydcqRDzEDGrVLlPVjsdvdQec9ga9695Gn-J_qX-dCA53tkcsSgkhHTbTqbL7HQ1xXOevbAhtMsWgW6JHh3SVQCUdwiVWQVd-OR-xBf6crJzppMAKktBJjf6cLSXtLWdGW9GqiCTRnIWK_W1usWOb9dxMBkycp4-k4_J8ahyIG4s8eo1-JqXnwxN8QVThV0GpY5WfX_9Bf-wexGzFJxA-eq4BnjgzwUO1B5aphY3hq-3kkRiHq1eJ3i29Ob_mF781MWPw5mFz0jy1EPjrHQdeMSnrOTZhEeK1_W3L7oOZkvwacUTVNMh4Oj4PGjspAa__m8B_z3cJP1OpECo5SuluHkv14Ry_lp3iwckPfBdzTlbWQNZxqggCt5sndaIj0JSdEtWggM7sc2YcNv2WnxyWyOfetPTs-akYCXWbqLO2IuR0hWXFIwcGak4Fwdvw3iueABORQLPALnhkl21BeGw5W_OnYPPYxXr45H0LboQwFLxExY6fCWkTo12E8-3AsvMJclTntsVJzUr4Qs-9HgH6HMefMUKZtVlzBLcg=w824-h618-no

How long you been wearing glasses? I started about 5 years ago, and I still can't come to terms with them

I've been wearing glasses for 50 years. I tried contacts twice...once out of curiosity (with a little vanity tossed in, I'm sure) and the second time was a confirmed mistake.

It seems I don't blink enough for contacts and when I do they stick to my eyelids at the most opportune times. So, I just gave up on them.

I cannot wear contacts my eye lids give me trouble.
I have worn glasses about 55 plus years and love them when doing dirty work like wood working and such, hate them for everyday comfort, glare, dirt, this pair has crizal lens which are much better as I do not have to clean them all the time.
I really hate the cost 400 bucks after ins deductions.
To old for laser so I guess I am stuck.

Started out 34 years ago with readers. Then a few years later for the computer. Now a two click adjustment for distance which I got about 25 years ago and my eyes have been stable ever since, my sun glasses which are bifocals are about twenty three years old and still work fine.
What I hate is I don't wear glasses except for reading and the computer, the computer ones stay on my desk with the computer. But I spend a lot of time trying to remember where the hell I left my readers, drives me nuts, actually it's just a putt.

I jumped straight into bifocals about the time I turned 40, so almost 16 years now. And I need safety glasses for work, so I have prescription bifocal safety glasses that I wear most of the time. But I get new glasses every 2 years through my vision insurance and every 2 years through work. I switch it off, so I get a new pair of glasses every year, and only have to pay for 1 pair!

After wearing single-vision glasses (significant myopia) since the fall of 1973, today I picked up my first pair of progressive bifocals. Talk about a big change! I know it's going to take me a little while to adjust, but if I'm still not comfortable after a few weeks I may convert back to singles.

Started out with readers 30+ years ago and ended up with progressives soon after. Decided to have corrective procedure done when I had laser cataract surgery a few years back. Never really had any problems with glasses but it sure is nice to seldom need them. The weakest cheaters for really small print or light print in dimly lit places do the trick.

With singles I never really considered Lasik or anything similar, but if I can't adjust to the progressives I might check into it. But I'd still wear glasses, because after 49 years with them I just look weird (OK, weirder than usual) without them.;)

How's the insurance investigating going, Johnny?;)

Got my first pair of glasses in 1957. And yep, they were bi-focals. So wearing progressives now is like a breath of fresh air after the stupid "lines" of demarcation :D

With singles I never really considered Lasik or anything similar, but if I can't adjust to the progressives I might check into it. But I'd still wear glasses, because after 49 years with them I just look weird (OK, weirder than usual) without them.;)

How's the insurance investigating going, Johnny?;)
At my age I don't plan on entering any beauty pageants, so looks are low on my priority list :)

I've been wearing glasses since around the 6th grade, been all glass (dusty environments all my life,) finally went plastic when I got progressive bifocals 3 years ago. The new hard coats finally make the plastic lens feasible for me. Hint: NEVER clean them dry, always wet, with a soft cloth. And, for the same reasons, never got contacts. I'm still getting used to the bifocal aspect.

And, as much as my vision stats would indicate that I'm probably a good candidate, I just can't go in for Lasik type treatments. I have a huge fear of losing my sight, and my insulin dependent diabetes make that a much higher risk procedure.

A buddy of mine has had cataract procedures in both eyes over the last year, and opted for a close-up lens in 1 eye, and a distance vision lens in the other. He says he adjusted very quickly, and one of the smartest things he's ever done (wore contacts for decades.) Something to think about if this is in your future.

Back in 2012 I has Laskis eye laser surgery done after wearing glasses for 55 years it was nice to read the time at 3am without finding my glasses, the hard thing to get use to was the wind. Or air on my eyes, not having built in eye protection.
But now I am back using reading glasses. You know you are getting old when.....

I've been wearing glasses for a little over 20 years, since my late 30's
And I jumped straight into bifocals too!
For a while, I had a prescription pair of safety glasses, as I handled hazardous materials(batteries) all day
Now, my idiot boss wants me to get some for when I'm in the warehouse
I mean, if he wants to spend $300-400 on something that I'll wear for maybe 20 minutes a day, that's on him
There IS a reason that I refer to him as the HDAIC(Head Dumb A$$ In Charge!). Not to his face though! :ROFLMAO:

Back