Replacement for 22.5 WSM 2nd cooking grate

Jon K

TVWBB Super Fan
I've been looking here and other websites and haven't found any replacements for the 2nd cooking grate other than buying it directly from
Weber, I would like to replace the plated version with SS if possible. I saw the 18.5 SS replacement here but nothing for the 22.
Anyone have any other info. Thanks in advance.

Jon

I got mine from Weber. Had a terrible time convincing the woman I wanted a replacement. When I told her it was to use as a 3rd grate she refused to sell it to me. I'm sure she was toeing the line and following instructions from upper management and she was VERY nice about the whole affair, but in the end I convinced her that was not the way to treat customers. If a customer wants to buy replacement parts and they are the only source how could they justify not selling the part? IMO, adding a 3rd grate should NEVER have an impact on voiding a warranty any more than using just one grate, not using a water pan, or using a pan with sand would.

Last edited:
I've been looking here and other websites and haven't found any replacements for the 2nd cooking grate other than buying it directly from
Weber, I would like to replace the plated version with SS if possible. I saw the 18.5 SS replacement here but nothing for the 22.
Anyone have any other info. Thanks in advance.

Jon

I went ahead and replaced the smaller sized grate with the same size as the top one (20'' iirc) and just went to my local home depot to get it. Can't recall if it's SS but I think it is, may be wrong on that part tho.

Back