Jumbo Joe and the Dog Bowl Vortex

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Made a simple dinner Monday night it was calm and hot 90+ so The JJ and the dog dish vortex get the call along with some chicken thighs and corn on the bone and some homemade cheesy pasta.
Seasoned the chicken with Weber’s salt free chicken seasoning and some Jack Daniels Honey Smokehouse BBQ sauce fifteen minutes from the end of the cook.
Barb did some corn on the bone on the gasser with EVOO, butter and our homemade garlic pasta seasoning.
We also made a pasta dish with a cheese roux sauce and some Penzey’s Italian seasoning.
Turned out great.
100_0250_zpsil5cjvr4.jpg

100_0257_zps2mnqze3e.jpg

100_0261_zpsbxb1kisv.jpg

100_0267_zpsgzhshgw1.jpg

100_0272_zpsohx75ug6.jpg

100_0277_zps23s6eung.jpg

Thanks for looking

Look tasty Rich. I'm gonna have to cook something besides wings with my Vortex.

Keep your 90 pluses and gimme some of that bird!
I use to grill chicken pieces and sauce them near the end, haven't for awhile, not sure why though, always good.

Rich I love it that chicken. It looks delicious. Somehow I missed it that you have a homemade vortex. Looks like it works like a charm.

Great looking dish too, Rich!

Dog bowl vortex? I assume you cut the inside out?

It's a $2.00 Walmart SS dog bowl I cut the bottom of it off.

Rich I love it that chicken. It looks delicious. Somehow I missed it that you have a homemade vortex. Looks like it works like a charm.

It does work like a charm Robert I have a bigger vortex that I bought on line for the performer that ran me about $40.00. The smaller one for the JJ Is a $2.00 SS Walmart dog bowl I just cut the bottom out of it, both work perfectly.

Back