3 Weber Deals...3 Days.

So, I am new here, but I just had to share about the 3 great Weber deals I've managed to score....in the past 3 days!

Friday- On Friday afternoon, I scored a 2013 18" WSM (no cover) on Craigslist for $80. It was a deal I thought wasn't going to happen, but the lady was desperate to get rid of it and lowered the price because of some surface coal grate rust, a bent fire door, and a broken latch. $80? DEAL! I decided to just upgrade to a SS Cajun Bandit door with the compression latch. Cleaned all the grates yesterday, and even the rusty fire grate looks nice! The smoker itself is flawless with no dings, external rust, and all the sections fit perfectly! Just got an email today that the door/latch are on their way!

Saturday- So riding high on my WSM score, I browsed Craigslist late in the day and saw an ad for a Weber 22" Kettle for $20. It was 10 minutes away so I decided to drive over take a look. Man! It was a black "G" Code (1985) One-touch that had no rust or dings. It was dusty for sure, the wooden handles are starting to come off, and it needs a little cleaning, but everything fit perfectly and was in better shape than my 1997 Weber 22" that was a "gift" from the in-laws. I gladly handed over the $20 and took it home!

Update: Tonight 5/22, I sold my old "fire-pit project" Weber Kettle (the "free" gift from the in-laws that was rusted/bent, minus the grates) for $10...so my new solid "G" code cost me a $10 upgrade! YEP!

Sunday- Could my weekend get any better? Back on Craigslist Sunday afternoon I find...of all things....a newer model Weber Ranch! Now let me say, I don't NEED one of these. I don't think most people "need" one, and could get by using two 22"s at once, but I cook enough and can find at least 8-10 opportunities per year to justify owning such a device

The ad said it was only used a few times and stored in a barn and for the exorbitant price of...$300!!!

Texted and emailed on it with no response. Decided to call. Gentleman I spoke with was a caterer and told me it was a gift to him which he has never really used. He simply uses other grills for his business, so this one has to go. The reason he wanted to deal with me? Because of the local area of code of my phone number!! He told me he had been getting calls all day from across the state and because I was local (I'm not really local anymore) and could pick it up in a few hours, he would sell it to me. He sent me some pics....everything looked great! Clean as hell! I'm not so local anymore like I said, so I made a phone call. I had a proxy drive over pick it up for me, kindly fronting the money. So how much just did it cost me? Not $300. But, in true BBQ fashion, I traded a piece of "bolt-action hunting equipment" that I was happy to let go of and the other person was more than happy to receive. My trading partner is even going to power wash it and deliver it to me as a part of our deal. Everyone, even my wife, was more than thrilled with the swap. Everyone wins!

Now that the dust has settled, I just need to stock up on some charcoal.

3 Weber's in 3 Days.....I think I am done for a while!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I wouldn't even bother. But...I can surely find it at Home Depot or Lowes...and the Memorial Day ads are out tomorrow :cool:

It's stock up time!

Thanks Rusty James!

Last edited:
Friday- On Friday afternoon, I scored a 2013 18" WSM (no cover) on Craigslist for $80. It was a deal I thought wasn't going to happen, but the lady was desperate to get rid of it...

You left off the part where the husband called you back on Sunday afternoon saying his wife made a serious mistake... Definitely a great weekend :)

You left off the part where the husband called you back on Sunday afternoon saying his wife made a serious mistake... Definitely a great weekend :)

LOL...I didn't even want to ask. She had texted me off and on for 3 days. First she was firm...then no word...then I said I'm still interested and had to deal with another potential buyer.

Long story short...40 min drive...and I had that WSM in my car and 4 $20's in her hand faster than you could say "Weber Smokey Mountain!" She even apologized for the bent door and broken latch...saying..."I am sure it will still kinda work...the door still sort of fits in here like this...:("

I told her..."Yeah, I think I can maybe make it work." :rolleyes:

She was incredibly happy...and so was I!:wsm:

Last edited:
Such a great deal. Nice finds! A part of me wishes I lived in a bigger area, or at least one where barbecue is a bit more 'rich' among the population. Here in southwest Virginia, I've browsed around multiple surrounding areas in West Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina with no luck in regards to picking up a WSM.

Yeah, in regards to the WSM, just keep your eyes peeled and you'll find a great deal. I passed/missed on 5-6 18 & 22.5's. Either I missed it by an hour or we couldn't get right with the price. Best advice is do your homework and know what you want...and what you're willing to pay, so that way when you get the deal...you're happy.

Just a quick update:

Cleaned the 22" and the 18" WSM tonight. Will be getting the cleaned Weber Ranch tomorrow.

Without the dust, the 22 shows it's age. Some small wear spots here and there, but really nice $20. The One Touch System has some rust...but I hit it with a little bit of Kroil and its starting to loosen up. To top it off I sold my 22" that was in worse shape, last night minus the grates for $10. The guy really just wanted the lid for an UDS. So $10 upgrade overall.

The 18" WSM is really clean. Like, nearly new. Once I got the cobwebs out of it I was thrilled. There was a little surface rust "leaking" from a bottom vent but I'm going to hit it with some steel wool and clean it right up.

The Weber Ranch is the one I'm curious about. After it was cleaned up, my trading partner noticed everything was in really good shape...except for the finish on a few spots on the lid. He said it looked like it had been hit with small rocks (quote "like you'd see on your car hood if you followed a gravel truck down the highway"). Good news is he said there aren't too many and they aren't rusted. I asked he he thought it was paint chips from a repaint and he said no. At the end of the day, the Ranch is a cooking tool...just like all of my Webers, and pots, pans, etc. If someday I need to repaint it or touch it up I will, but it sounds like it had some good use even before the caterer acquired it.

I will find out tomorrow!

Last edited:
LOL...I didn't even want to ask. She even apologized for the bent door and broken latch...saying..."I am sure it will still kinda work...the door still sort of fits in here like this...:("

I told her..."Yeah, I think I can maybe make it work." :rolleyes:

She was incredibly happy...and so was I!:wsm:

I'll bet! Not to put women down, but her reply reminded me of the woman who purchased a new car. A co-worker asked her what kind, and she said "a red one". ; ' )

Last edited:
Ah, gosh...here I go getting off topic again.

Speaking of women, a female friend of the family kept driving on a tire with low air pressure, and I told her several times put air in the tire, but as fate would have it, the rim wore into the tire sidewalls, and when she finally put air in the tire, it blew up in her face and knocked her on her rear. To beat it all, she had no tire pressure gauge either.

Wow, what a bunch of nice scores. Almost jealous that you came into a Ranch that fast. Took me more than a year of searching to get my first one. Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics.

Back