Pipefitting threading into manifold

Frode Haaland

Does anyone know the threading of the gas-piping into manifold of Weber 210 Spirit Silver?

Refurbing a Weber, I stumble upon the problem of fitting a new regulator to the manifold, as some parts are missing. From partsdiagram, it seems there are several bits/bobs between manifold and the regulator-assy, but I can't see why they should all be there, so smth to connect the manifold to either a standard 3/8" hose or the standard #8457 Weber-assy with is what I need.

Using a vernier, I can measure the hole into the manifold around 8mm (on top of the threading, so diameter should be just slightly larger). Haven't found any similar at the local plumber (but then: all he had was the standard house/appliance-stuff), but he could order just about anything if I had the details for him.

There might be slight differences between DK-NO-FI markets and US-market or others.

Thanks for all help!

These are the details on the grill:
Weber 210 Spirit Silver
Part# 3711169
DD6114689
DK-NO-FI markets
2010-09-01

This was difficult? For me too!

Here are some pics to help the gurus off on this:

The hole in the manifold:
sml_gallery_2_507_232400.jpg

Measuring the size of the hole to help identify threading - ca.8mm:
med_gallery_2_507_416069.jpg

Grilltype/badge:
med_gallery_2_507_412187.jpg

Googlesearches indicate 1/4" NPT, but it rather seems to fit somewhere between 1/16"NPT (~6.9mm) and 1/8"NPT (~9.5mm), but the tapering just might make any of these fit - which is why I hope for gurus to find a definite answer.

Frode, I don't know if they might use different sizes on your side of the pond. Over here, it's 1/4NPT iirc.

Actually it depends on the age of the grill. Older ones are 1/8" NPT newer are 1/4". I have no clue how they correspond to European (metric) sizing

Back