I might need an intervention...

ChadVKealey

TVWBB Pro
I got "the look" when I returned home last night after rescuing another Dutch oven. This was 12" deep by Lodge that I got for $25. It joins a 12" standard Lodge, an 10" standard Lodge and a 12" Scott Mfg aluminum. That's not to mention the (almost literally) 200 pounds of other cast iron cookware I have. However, the justification I've been using ("it was a really good deal and we'll be able to hand it down to our son") is starting to wear thin. :eek:

Nah...too humid outside, it'll all rust. I just need more creative places to stash it inside the house.
Chad, you should consider purchasing large silica gel desiccant packets... toss in a few of those uglies and you'll never need to worry about rusty cast iron pans again.
I initially bought them to toss in ziplock bags of homemade jerky, but I have found a few other uses for them.

Chad, you should consider purchasing large silica gel desiccant packets... toss in a few of those uglies and you'll never need to worry about rusty cast iron pans again.
I initially bought them to toss in ziplock bags of homemade jerky, but I have found a few other uses for them.

If I'm not mistaken, the active ingredients in those packets is diatomaceous earth.

Back