Tater tot smash burger

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
After eating this burger, I think I'm done eating for a year or so��

Bun made of tater tots and cheese. Completed burger is mustard, ketsup, and hatch chilis. Sorry for all the pics.

A little more info: each tater tot bun consisted of 20 tots and 2 slices of cheddar cheese. The non frozen tots were put in the skillet, warmed a bit, smashed then cheddar melted on top. Once the cheddar was melted one of the 10 tot cheddar halves was placed on to the other half, cheese to cheese, and pressed again. So for both buns a total of 40 tots and 4 slices of cheddar. The ground beef was organic ground beef we picked up at Costco. The hatch chilis were roasted, chopped, and vacuum bagged last year and thrown in the freezer.

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

Man, that looks fantastic Nate. I don't think I'd be right for a month after eating that. And you even had more tots on the side! I'm going to pick up a 20 pound bag of tots and give that a try. Looks like you're in your new digs. Hope the move went well and you're able to settle in now. Nice post.

My cardiologist just called and ordered me to stop even looking at that!!! :) Ok, what he really said was if I make them he wants one! ;)

R

Just a year or so huh Nate, if I ate that it would be a minimum of 18 months at least :p. Sure looks good though. That's what I love about this forum some of the greatest ideas are always popping up here.

I want one Nate, that looks fantastic. Going to have to give this one a try, then not eat for a couple of days.

That looks so good. Talk about a gut bomb, that is a lot of tots. Good thing they taste great and are very addicting. Was the tot bun worth the effort?

This might just be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Pure.culinary.GENIUS. I will do this one day.

Dan
:blackkettle::blackkettle:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those burgers had less calories than many fast food burgers. If my food figures are right (depending on the weight of the meat & cheese), I tallied up close to 600 calories -assuming the beef is 80/20 and weighs 1/3 of a pound before cooking.

Go to McDonald's and see the calorie content of a Big Mac with fries. I'll be it is at least 1500 calories without the drink.

Looks might fine, Nate!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Correction: I forgot to add 140 calories for the cheese, but even so, that is still less than many fast food burgers.

Last edited:
Very cool idea. I'm so hungry now. The SWMBO has been saying she is tired of bread lately. ;)

Back