Adding ash catcher to my grill

When they didn't make the ashcatcher, that was normal. The retrofit will make you very happy, I can't speak to the specific part number but, someone here will either confirm or deny the compatibility.
I called Weber to fit one to my 18 and they would not sell me one so, I had to go aftermarket but, that wasn't any big deal. Literally, five minutes and it's in, clean out the bowl, turn it over and, snap! You're done!
Make sure you have the handle in the right spot when you're done, so you don't find out it's offset at the wrong time.
I used the "hotsmokeBBQ.com" marking method on both of my kettles and that has proven to be a really handy trick! I took their method one step further, I marked "full on", 1/2 and 1/4 using decreasing length of sharpie lines. As Tony UK might say, "Works a treat"!

Last edited:
I'm wondering this too. I have a 2018 22.5" Original Kettle and was wondering if you can fit a replacement ash catcher on there to swap with the ash bowl thing

Used to be if they had the slot under the leg bracket you could snap the tabs in.
I never liked that fit on my OTG's ( seemed loose ) so I added a self tapping screw.

Tim

I added an ash catcher, thermometer, charcoal baskets, hinged grate, and slide aside to my Original yrs ago. Sooooo glad I did!

I was able to put an ash catcher pan from a 22 on my flat-top 26. I was surprised to find that it would fit.

I have a two(2) year old Weber Mastertouch 22" Grill that I bought new. However, the "one-touch-cleaning(OTC) system" is now not flush with the bowl's bottom three(3) holes, thus, does not sweep the ash into the ash catcher. I would say that the OTC three(3) "wings" are about 1/8" above these holes. It appears that I may need to replace the OTC system with a new one??? Any suggestions regarding this problem will be greatly appreciated.

I have a two(2) year old Weber Mastertouch 22" Grill that I bought new. However, the "one-touch-cleaning(OTC) system" is now not flush with the bowl's bottom three(3) holes, thus, does not sweep the ash into the ash catcher. I would say that the OTC three(3) "wings" are about 1/8" above these holes. It appears that I may need to replace the OTC system with a new one??? Any suggestions regarding this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Yea, they get bent up sometimes. I have 3 older OTG's and a Performer and they all get that. You could try dissembling it and bend them back or order a new one. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005LVAZ3A/tvwb-20

But yours is only 2 yrs old? Maybe a call to Weber.

Tim

I added an ash catcher to my Silver Kettle and it went on perfectly. The grill and ash catcher are probably 10 years old, but they probably have not changed the design. The aluminum tab fits into a slot on where the leg attaches to the kettle. Very easy to put on.

Here is a picture of how it attaches:

IMG_7787.jpg

IMG_7784.JPG

Y
But yours is only 2 yrs old? Maybe a call to Weber.

Tim

Tim: I Called the Weber Hotline concerning my problem this AM with no positive result. I explained that around two(2) years ago I bought my Weber Mastertouch Grill from my neighbor who won this grill in a BBQ Fest Competition. I explained that it arrived in a sealed box and was brand new. However, she stated that my buying it this way was considered by Weber as "2nd Hand Goods" and not covered by their ten year guarantee.

Of note, she asked me if this was a 22" or 18" grill and I replied that I was not aware that the Weber Corporation made a 18" "Mastertouch" Grill. She replied "I don't know and I will look into this".

AS I recall she stated that the repair part will be $20.00 plus $7.00 shipping and I replied "thank you" but I think I will order this part at a later date.

Anyhow, me being a Weber Customer for over the last 15 Years in which I bought new a WSM 2008 "Classic", OTG Weber 22" Grill, Weber Smoky Joe and this Weber Mastertouch 22" Grill I am not too impressed with my FIRST contact with their Customer Service regarding a problem that I am having with one of their products.

Anyhow, I still plan on ordering this replacement part in the near future.

Last edited:
How difficult is it to replace the worn-out "one-touch system(OTS)" on my two-year old Weber 22" "Mastertouch" Grill which has the Ash-Catcher?

I just ordered the OTS kit 7444 replacement part from Amazon for $15.

Last edited:

Back