Vortex drumsticks with Alabama white sauce

AbeLos

TVWBB Member
I was having withdrawals since I didn't get to cook last weekend so I decided to get some drumsticks on the grill. Since I have never tried Alabama white sauce, I figured I would give it a try this week and used the recipe provided on another thread in this forum https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?68857-Sous-Vide-Chicken-FIrst-try&highlight=alabama+white+sauce.

Getting everything on the grill with a chunk of mesquite. The drumsticks were tossed in Weber Chicken'N Rib seasoning.

Pic right before applying the sauce.

Sauce has been deployed.

After a few minutes each side they are ready to come off the grill.

Final pic of them waiting to be eaten.

Overall, very happy with the results, will be doing more cooks with Alabama white sauce in the future. The biggest takeaway I got from the sauce was that it adds a nice subtle flavor to the meat without overpowering it, not sure if this is the normal flavor profile of the sauce, but I really liked it. I could see bringing in other flavors into the sauce in future cooks but the recipe that was provided in CaseT's thread offers a nice base to start from.

Last edited:
Man! The color you got on that chicken is dynamite! I've never tried AWS.....will have to give it a go!

R

Nice cook, drums look great. Barb and I just tried AWS a while back for the first time and really liked it also.

I have read so much about the white sauce for chicken. Glad to see you used it and it was good. Great looking chicken!

Thanks for all the feedback, I absolutely love getting that mahogany finish to my cooks, not to mention the flavor and texture. I have to give a lot of the credit to the vortex, I was skeptical at first since it was such a simple product, but I am 100% on board now and pretty much look for excuses to use it.

Back