What's your charcoal stock looking like now with the Memorial Day Sales looming?

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
I'm down to 2 twin packs so will definitely be stocking up! Planning on getting 6 bags of the Royal Oak on sale @ Lowes since I've never used it so want to try it just for difference. That and 3 or so KBB twin packs should keep me in good shape until the Labor Day Sales.

I have four and a half bags of Kingsford and eight bags (thanks to Lowes' Memorial Day sale; I bought the maximum six and my little lady bought us a twin pack). Royal oak sitting in the garage. Heading tomorrow to see if Home Depot has anything decent. Wish the Kingsford sales were a little better around these parts.

I was down to 5 bags of 18# KBB. I lucked out and found KBB 15# bags marked down to $2.49 at the Lowe's by the office. I picked up 6 of them so I should be good for 6 months.

I've got 22 bags of mostly KBB and a few of Stubbs and some RO I picked up at Lowes a few days ago. Didn't use much at all this winter it was just to windy, used the gassers instead.

Still sitting on nine bags (I think) from the freak sale HD had about two months ago I'm good until the next really good one comes around. I had steeled myself for going though a lot more since I got the 18" WSM but, happily, it's far more miserly than my brothers 22". All gas equipment should be good until the Fourth of July unless I go nuts or it gets cold on the patio!
Since I set up an elevated dedicated spot for charcoal, rotating stock as I go, it's pretty convenient. Just moved almost all of the grilling apparatus to one side of the garage, above the coal stockpile. Rotisserie still on the other side but, it has a fairly calculated hanger so, until I decide to move that, its fine where it is.

I don't make it to Lowes that often so I loaded my cart with 10 bags of RO this weekend. No problem checking out.
That's always been the case.....never been denied purchasing more than maximum limit. Same thing with Home Depot as well.

Opened my last bag of KBB last week. Picked up two bags of RO lump this weekend and will see what happens with Lowe's and HD twin packs. Lowe's was full of them on Saturday, but all at $19.99. Maybe they're hoping to sell a bunch before the sale goes live.

I think I'm at 5 twin 18.6# packs and one lonely bag of Stubbs. Going to grab at least three more twin-packs (several camping trips coming up, so lots of Dutch oven cooking) and try to find some good lump this weekend.

4 1/2 bags of Kingsford left. Bought 12 bags yesterday at Lowes. 9.88 for the twin 18 pound bags. Should be good for awhile. I love having a big stock pile of charcoal.

Got back a few hours ago from shopping in Rogue Valley area. Bought 6 bags of Royal Oak and 3 KBB twin packs at Lowes. If they did have the 2 bag limit in effect, the checkout clerk didn't say anything since I bought the 3 twin packs all at once. Anyway, I'm good till the Labor Day sales. Happy Grilling!

Sadly, I don't need any charcoal. I loaded up last fall. Hate to pass the sales by (twin packs of Kingsford Original at $9.88 at the local Lowes and Home Depot) but I want to use up my old stock

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back