Big Forkie's caught at Catalina Island, for the fisherman on this forum.

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
Took off to Catalina Island on my buddies Skipjack 9:00pm Thursday night for a awesome fishing trip.

Got into the bigger Forkies at 7:00am, went 3 for 4 on them.

[/url

[url=http://imgur.com/e7DJamP]

I caught a 26" halibut also, no picture.

Everything marinated in...Bobby Flay's fish tacos marinade, I didn't catch the shrimp in this photo....hehe

Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay

Fish Tacos
Yield: 4 servings
Level: Intermediate
Nutrition Info
HEALTHY

Fish Tacos:

Tacos:
1 pound white flaky fish, such as mahi mahi or orata
1/4 cup canola oil
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoons ancho chili powder
1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
8 flour tortillas
Garnish:
Shredded white cabbage
Hot sauce
Crema or sour cream
Thinly sliced red onion
Thinly sliced green onion
Chopped cilantro leaves

Tired as hell, plated pic not great but tasty, fed 6 people from the hood.

And thanks for looking, fishon.

Last edited:
What a great way to spend the morning. I'm envious... outside of getting seasick... all I ever catch while fishing is my ear or finger.
Now that is some grilled fish!!! Plated pic looks good to me & I'm sure it was tasty.

Great catch and awesome looking cooks. Brings back memories of going out of Newport or Dana Point and spending a couple of days fishing out by Catalina or going out of Long Beach and going out to the oil derricks and hauling in sea bass....Great times!

Looks outstanding! Awesome catch!

Thanks Dustin, Yellowtail are tricky fish to catch as they head for anything that will break your line.

Now that's a great day on the water,Nice Pictures too...Differently a great tasting fish

James, it was a great day on the water, I should have taken more pictures.

Very nice.

Paul from Alaska gives a shout out to some Yellowtail Island fishing, love it. Thanks.

What a great way to spend the morning. I'm envious... outside of getting seasick... all I ever catch while fishing is my ear or finger.
Now that is some grilled fish!!! Plated pic looks good to me & I'm sure it was tasty.

Thanks Robert, I'm lucky, I have never been sea sick in my life, but I see that it destroys people.
I hear the patch works quite well.

Looks like a great time by all, except for the Forkie. Looks and sounds delicious Jeff.

Leave it to Cliff, you made me laugh, great time by all, except for the Forkie.

Looks like fun.

Quite fun Pat, If you like to stay up for a day and a half, with little cat naps here and there ...hehe.

Great catch and awesome looking cooks. Brings back memories of going out of Newport or Dana Point and spending a couple of days fishing out by Catalina or going out of Long Beach and going out to the oil derricks and hauling in sea bass....Great times!

I bet you have some great fishing stories Rich, I'm lucky my buddy just move back into my neighborhood and his boat is in the water.

Outstanding catch and cook. It all looks delicious.

Thanks Barb.

Jeff...

Great looking catch and equally great looking meals !!!

(Sad when the stuff we normally catch is about the size of your bait.)
( fresh water stream stuff only. no need for Dramamine ;) )

Jeff...

Great looking catch and equally great looking meals !!!

(Sad when the stuff we normally catch is about the size of your bait.)
( fresh water stream stuff only. no need for Dramamine ;) )

Here you go Bob, I fish the June Lake Loop and beyond, every year the week before Labor day.
I tried Dramamine once, and i felt like i was going to fall asleep.

Damn That is a great catch!!!!! Fishing is great off our local waters!!!!! I was in San Clemente and saw a few sharks too over the weekend. Great pics!!!! Time for me to book a trip soon!!!!

Congrats on the great catch Jeff! I've fished off that Isle and never even came close to that

Back