Thank you...

Eric Michaud

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello All,

I have not been on here much lately but I wanted to thank Chris Allingham and all the folks who are members here. I have been part of the Family here since 2010. I check out other forums and pages now and then and I find it disheartening to see all the so called experts that trash folks asking questions or posting their experiences. I first joined here with a background in the restaurant biz but I knew zero about the art of smoking. I seriously scoured so many topics here, my eyes almost popped out before I tried my first Brisket lol. Sorry to ramble but my point is this site rocks, it is my BBQ bible. I have learned so much here from the Krugers, Biesingers, Lampes of the world. My go to chicken is still Roadside chicken. My go to sauce is my variation of Steve Petrone's #5. The best advice I can give to folks starting out is try different recipes/techniques. Then make adjustments as you go. Everyone is dealing with different equipment, different tastes. When you want to change things up, change just one thing and don't overthink it (that is not my strength lol). Most importantly, HAVE FUN. No Q tonight, doing some ribs tomorrow so I will leave you with a pic of one of my Pups Pedro. I started the "Post a pic of your dog" thread years ago so I will stick with that. Sorry if I bored you but I wanted to show my gratitude to the folks here and this site.

Eric

PS- many of you have helped my learn my craft here, sorry if I did not mention you

Couldn't agree more! I was having a devil of a time doing anything consistent with my smoker (not a WSM) until I showed up here 15 years ago! Just a great group of like-minded folks who are afforded this "front porch" to sit on together by Chris' tireless efforts.

I'd be willing to bet a crisp $100 bill that I could say the same thing 15 years from now! :)

R

Couldn't agree more! I was having a devil of a time doing anything consistent with my smoker (not a WSM) until I showed up here 15 years ago! Just a great group of like-minded folks who are afforded this "front porch" to sit on together by Chris' tireless efforts.

I was amazed at the database he complied when I first investigated this web site. Chris pays a lot of attention to detail. Weber should compensate him.

Last edited:

Back