Missouri > St. Louis: Dalie's Smokehouse

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
Mike Emerson's Pappy's Smokehouse empire is growing...not too long ago Dalie's Smokehouse opened in the St. Louis suburb of Valley Park, and on a recent trip to the area I stopped by.

DaliesSmokehouseValleyParkMO20170412_1.jpg

DaliesSmokehouseValleyParkMO20170412_2.jpg

The beans and mac & cheese are very good, with the latter having a bit of a kick.

DaliesSmokehouseValleyParkMO20170412_3.jpg

Dalie's has more than just barbecue so one of my coworkers ordered the pastrami sandwich and shared a sample. Good meat and even better bread, and he also commented that the pickles were very good.

DaliesSmokehouseValleyParkMO20170412_4.jpg

I had a combo plate with brisket and ribs. Both had decent smoke and were tender without being mushy, and the ribs did not fall off the bone.

DaliesSmokehouseValleyParkMO20170412_5.jpg

We didn't use any sauce but they're there for those who might like a little squirt.

DaliesSmokehouseValleyParkMO20170412_6.jpg

Dalie's isn't far from my hotel so I foresee another visit in my future.

Nice review Brad.
I knew about the place, but haven't been there yet.
Que joints are popping up around here like dandelions in spring.

I went back to Dalie's during one of my recent trips and this time I had the 2-meat plate with ham and turkey (hush puppies and fries on the side). I was expecting a couple of thick slices and was surprised when the meat was served in thin slices on a roll. I ate some of it until I could make a more manageable sandwich, which was really good with the house vinegar sauce.

DaliesSmokehouseValleyParkMO20170524_1.jpg

Back