Display AVR firmware version

Bill Herbert

TVWBB Member
Hi, quick question. How do I display the current AVR firmware version running on a heater meter 4.2 build? Also, when looking at Linkmeter->AVR Firmware, and selecting the online repository radio button; is there any description or release notes for the AVR firmware listed there?

Thank you,
Billy

Thanks for the quick reply, Bryan. I have Version 20160203B. Does that map to: snapshots/trunk/hm-noise.hex ? Should I update to snapshots/trunk/heatermeter.hex from May 13th? Should we try and keep our firmwares at the latest and greatest version or follow the 'if it aint broke don't fix it' philosophy?

No it probably maps to the snapshot from that time and not the noise firmware. If you have the noise firmware you'd know because it has an additional graph on the home page of the webui.

It is generally safe to always be on the snapshot if you're on the snapshot Pi firmware, you can always go back to stable by flashing your "Bundled" which is the one included with the Pi firmware, or any other stable version from the "Online Repository". You can't really brick your AVR doing this and if anything is ever broken it is reported and fixed pretty quickly and in the meantime you can just go back to your bundled version.

Back