Home Depot Memorial Day Sale Flyer.... No KBB!

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Looks like Home Depot isn't going to have KBB on sale this memorial day. The ad doesn't show it, just a one day sale of royal oak but no price until the day of the sale.

So I'm off to Lowes as they have royal oak 15.4 pound bags for $4.00 right now. Max of 6 bags.

KBB will go on sale next week or my name ain't Bob! :p

edit, I did pick up a bag of RO at Lowes today, been years I used a store brand of the stuff.
The Weber charcoal pallet was still full, and bags were getting shop worn with holes in some of the plastic.

Last edited:
Got an email from Lowes this morning saying the Memorial Day sale starts 'Now'. No sale price on the KBB. But I'll take that RO at $4 for 15lbs.

KBB will go on sale next week or my name ain't Bob! :p

edit, I did pick up a bag of RO at Lowes today, been years I used a store brand of the stuff.
The Weber charcoal pallet was still full, and bags were getting shop worn with holes in some of the plastic.

Just got back from Lowes with my RO stash. You might be right Bob, they had a boat load of KBB, it was everywhere but still at $19.99 for a two pack. Their load of Weber's looked like maybe one or two bags were gone and it was down an aisle that didn't have any other charcoal.

Looks like putting RO on sale this week is gonna somewhat hurt their KBB sales next week.
But I'm guessing the KBB is a loss leader for HD and Lowes, or nearly so.

I went to Lowe's this morning and saw the twin packs of KBB for $20. Nah. I'll take the $4 RO. Then get some KBB next week if it's on sale!

I bought the 15.4# bags of KBB for $2.49/bag today. Apparently it was only at the Lowe's location by my office. 16 cents a pound, you can't beat that.

Back