Charcoal Sales

MikeCantell

TVWBB Pro
List them,I normally stock up when they start,down to 2 bags maybe,if not for the Blackstone griddle I would be less than 1 bag ;)

BJ's Warehouse, 2 bags, (18.5lbs each), of Professional Kingsford Competition briquettes for $17.99, at least in Florida. Costco has the same for $19.99. Tried them last night, awesome!!!

I wait for Kcomp to go on sale at Costco and Stubbs at Lowes. Looks like I need to make a trip to Lowes today! Need to take the edger for repair anyways. ;)

Another neat thing about using charcoal over gas, looking forward to sales and stocking up.
You never hear someone say, Hey gang, they have propane at Home Depot for half off! ;)

Yes, I'm aware some use both.

Another neat thing about using charcoal over gas, looking forward to sales and stocking up.
You never hear someone say, Hey gang, they have propane at Home Depot for half off! ;)

Yes, I'm aware some use both.

Ever since our Costco started refilling propane it is always on sale.

Picked up 7 bags of Stubbs, I love that stuff, I also picked up 7 bags of Royal Oak I'm not sure if I should have.

Confirmed Lowes in Arlington, TX had Stubbs on sale for $6.99 today only. Picked up 3 bags. Lowes seems to put the Stubbs on sale right before KBB. My Costco doesn't have Kcomp on sale yet.

Grapevine/Euless, TX, Lowe's -
Royal Oak 15.4lb bags are 2/$8.
Stubb's 14lb bags are $6.99.
Weber 20lb bags are $19.99. Lots of them here

Last edited:
I was a little nervous about the RO due to negativite reviews, I just beer canned a couple chickens and it was great. For $4.00 it's a nice change up, I also snagged some Stubbs but I'll save that for the WSM.

Bruno... Some of us, who do not post negative RO reviews, love RO. I use only RO Chef's Select in the WSM and only RO Natural Lump in the kettle.

ADDED: Welcome to the family !

Last edited:
royal oak briquettes on sale at lowes right now, $4 a bag. never tried it, but will at that price
This is the only decent sale I've found so far (in my area). Went ahead and bought three twin packs (six bags was the limit per customer at the Lowes here). I'm gonna head to Home Depot and the likes (about an hour away... joys of living in a small, bereft-of-many-options area) on Tuesday to see if I can find some more deals.

The best charcoal deal I've ever found was, about a few weeks ago, the grocery store Food Lion in my town had three twin-packs of Kingsford with an assortment of 13.3lbs. and 20lbs. marked down as a manager's special for $7 per twin pack and I bought the remaining three bags. Love that grocery store, because they always have some random closeouts or manager specials that you don't expect. I head that way sometimes twice a week in the evenings to check out the markdowns.

The only vice I have about Royal Oak briquettes is the tar-like smell when it is firing off. Other than that, I think it is better than regular Kingsford, although, if I am smoking chicken, I make sure the coals are ashed over since chicken tends to amplify (soak up) bad odors.

Royal Oak lump has no foul odor that I am aware of. Got to try Chef's Select if I can find it.

Back