End cap replacement for front leg of weber kettle?

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
Hello,

The end cap of the front leg of my 22.5 OTG has rotted away. Anyone know of a good source for finding a replacement?

I know Griilparts sells a kit containing a set of caps for the wheels and the cap for the front leg, but I don't need the wheel caps.

Maybe I can just find something similar at Lowes or HD?

Thanks,

I may have one you can have. It would be used but I'll have to check when it's light out tomorrow.

Here in Denmark the plastic caps on the 1.5 - 2 litre Cola/Fanta/Pepsi/etc bottles fit pretty nice so I just hotglue them on the front leg. They seem to last forever as the plastic is very durable :)

I tried the 1" tips at Ace today and they seem to fit.

lh5i5VC.jpg
J

Yea, the plastic ones work but they will wear through quickly if you move the grill much. Thats why I put the rubber furniture
ends on. They last a long time.

I like the crutch tip idea. You can find them in various sizes. I put one on the end of a broom handle and made a non-slip hiking stick out of it.

Ha ! I remember that ! Yea, I put one of those caster plastic fittings inside the leg and then put in a caster. Worked well but I kinda stopped there. It is still in one of my kettles. But the rest I just put on the rubber end piece and so far so good.

Back