Pappy's Smokehouse vs Rendezvous ribs

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I've never watched the Steve Harvey show, but will tomorrow.
"Skip Steele of Pappy's Smokehouse takes his ribs to the "Steve Harvey" show Thursday, where they will face off against the ribs from Memphis' Rendezvous.
Harvey will taste both racks of ribs, and the studio audience will vote on the winner, in what they are calling “Great American Food Fight: Ribs Edition!”

Link has an interesting, to me, video: "Why barbecue is so popular in St Louis?"
http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...tent=51D9D573D58CECDB399C752DB6FC690FD421A96E

The audience, without knowing who made the ribs, voted Pappy's 54% to 46% for Rendezvous.

Jo was on a Memphis garden tour with her garden club last week, and they ate at Rendezvous, she was not impressed.

Pappy's and Rendezvous use 2 completely different methods for ribs so a competition like this is more about style.

Bob, Dalie's Smokehouse in Valley Park is also part of Mike Emerson's (Pappy's) restaurant group and I very much enjoyed the ribs and brisket I had there a few weeks back.

Ive had the ribs from the Rendezvous, in fact my profile picture is in front of their cooker. I was underwhelmed. I did find the place itself fascinating from an historical perspective.

Back