Mother's Day Chicken Dinner with Cheesy Potatoes and Grilled Vegetables

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
My wife wanted chicken for dinner on Mother's Day. Decided to do some leg quarters with some Weber's Kick'n Chicken and cooked over some direct heat. Sided it up with Cheesy Potatoes and grilled vegetables. Here's the pic's.

These leg quarters were huge.

Ingredients for the potatoes.

Ready for the grill.

Prepped the veggies.

Potatoes on first.

Seasoned chicken on.

After about 10 minutes added the veggies.

Getting there.

Last edited:
Potatoes done.

Chicken and veggies too.

------
Plate shots.

Chicken was absolutely fantastic. Moist and flavorful. Potatoes and the veggie combo were delicious as well. My wife was very pleased with her dinner. So was I. Hope you all had a great Mother's Day. Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
A meal fit for a Queen. Very well done Cliff, the chicken looks excellant, the potatoes inviting, veggies a perfect fit for this meal.

Cliff that is a beautiful dinner. I love the contrast of the crispy outside and tender inside. Great sides two. Wonderful meal!!

We have our own version of cheesy taters, but tell us about your's. Your's looks easy to make at a camp ground. I guess, do you cook the tater slices first or.....??

That looks fantastic, my wife is drooling over the pics of the potatoes! What kind of grate is that? It looks familiar but I can't place it

Thanks everyone for the great comments.

do you cook the tater slices first or.....??

No Jeff, did not precook the potatoes. They are sliced thin, about 1/8'. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl after dividing the cheese. (one cup cheese, one cup milk) and pour into cooking vessel (I use a 2 qt. Dutch Oven). Top with remaining cheese and place on grill for around 1hr. 15 minutes.

That looks fantastic, my wife is drooling over the pics of the potatoes! What kind of grate is that? It looks familiar but I can't place it

Chris... It is a 22" Craycort Cast Iron Grate. The insert for the vegetables, called a Veggie Wok, is also Craycort.

Last edited:

Back