Just bought a Genesis II e-310

Davide M

After some research I've just bought a Genesis II e-310. I went to a local home depot and there was a Weber demonstration, with cooking test and a 10% discount on all weber products. This sum up with a good price starting point, so I got it for 792€ instead of 1000€ that is full price for it in Italy (tax included). Not cheap but a good price, lowest I've found around.

This is my first gas griller so I couldn't compare to others about general quality and cooking quality.

The box is BIG so be sure to have a car that you can fit it in. check the size before going to the store, in particular you will need some high in your car trunk. I haven't been able to put it in my Volvo, because the trunk was not high enough, so I had to come back with a smaller Peugeot that has a higher trunk.

There is some work in putting it together, about one hour and half AFTER having took everything out from the box, that has been the most difficult thing. Apart from that it has been fairly easy and find no problems. At the end the genesis was vary stable, also the lateral tables were firmly fixed, better then the one I saw at the local depot. I'm quite satisfied about quality, maybe it isn't overbuilt like the old one, but it is very well designed with lots of attention to details. I like very much the new design with the open cart, I find it "lighter" from an aesthetical point of view. The new Genesis in the standard versione (not LX) is also a lot cheaper thne the old one, so there is some compromise but that allow to fit my budget.

IMG_1929.jpg

I've fond some little imperfection in the paint of the cover (not the black area but in the grey side). 1-2 mm not more, but I'm concerned about rust. I've contacted weber for that, let's see what they will say about it

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

I've hung a 10 kg gas tank (not very stable, I needed to fix it with the supplied cord) and fired it up. everything perfect!.

now some data:
After 10 minutes I got 550f
After 15 minutes I got 580f
After 20 minutes I got 600f

seems pretty good to me!

IMG_1923.jpg

And now some actual use!

I've made some potatoes and steaks. first time ever cooking on a gasser. And surely I've made some errors. I was finishing cooking potatoes but I was a bit late. so I started cooking the steaks. I didn't want to char the potatoes so I kept one burner off (the right one). so the grill hasn't became as hot as I would have liked. the searing on the steaks came out quite good but they were a little bit overdone. I've let them rest for a couple of minutes in an aluminum foil and they have lost some juices.

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

That's all for now! I'm going to roast a whole chicken in the next days and do some more testing. Feel free to ask any details you are curious about

Beautiful grill. I was looking at that exact same grill in Lowe's a couple of days ago. It seemed very well built to me. Particularly the cart. I love that Weber has gone back to that open cart design.

Looks like you're having a nice time with that. Is 10KG not the correct size on that? Looks taller and skinnier than the 20lb US sized tanks. Wonder if the carts are taller to accommodate that different tank? On a side note. I read there was a city/town in Italy (in the north I think near Liguria) that will pay people (even from other countries) to move there. I seem to recall it's a beautiful scenic part of the country too. Have you heard anything about that?

Write error

Looks like you're having a nice time with that. Is 10KG not the correct size on that? Looks taller and skinnier than the 20lb US sized tanks. Wonder if the carts are taller to accommodate that different tank? On a side note. I read there was a city/town in Italy (in the north I think near Liguria) that will pay people (even from other countries) to move there. I seem to recall it's a beautiful scenic part of the country too. Have you heard anything about that?

Yes 10kg tank is different from the 20lb US sized tanks. You cannot put it inside a genesis or a spirit because it's to high, but it will fit on a Genesis II. It's not very stable because the bottom tank is convexe in the center and it will not lay well on the bracket. But after fix it with the cord it's ok, no problem at all.

I don't know nothing about that place in Liguria (very nice place BTW). Maybe this one? http://m.huffingtonpost.it/2017/05/04/se-venite-a-vivere-qui-vi-diamo-2000-euro_a_22068816/

I bought the same grill earlier this year. My first Weber gasser and I like it a lot, but the side panels that cover the propane tank should be extended out to the end of the side to cover the tank more I think. Would cover the the ugly *** tank a little better.

Other than that it's worked perfectly for me with some learning curves that come from cooking with gas over coals...

Last edited:
I bought the same grill a little over a month ago. It's a great grill. I almost bought the e-210 instead. I'm glad I went with 3 burners. I've used all of that cooking area on several occasions. You can make some awesome food on that thing. You made a fine choice! Happy Grilling!

Back