Hinge kit with BBQ Guru Silcone Cover on a 22.5...any issues?

K Sanchez

Hinge kit with BBQ Guru Silcone Insulated Jacket on a 22.5...any issues?

I'm getting a new 22.5 WSM after my old one was ripped off. I'm wanting to add a lid hinge but am wondering if it will work with the BBQ guru silicone insulated jacket that I may want to use now that I will be cooking out of sight (and without weather protection) in order to help prevent a second theft. I'm mainly concerned with the jackets ability to go on with the hinge installed, but would welcome any advice from someone with this combo. Thanks.

Last edited:
I use a cover from a Weber Q 320. Goes on and comes off easily, protects against the weather, but looks are not a strong point.
If not for the fact I had an old Q320 cover laying around I probably would have gone to Amazon in search of a cover. Also, your going to love that hinge.

Good luck and good cooking
Bill

Thanks Bill. I was mainly looking at the guru cover/jacket because I do sometimes cook in cold weather and it provides insulation. I will keep the Q320 cover in mind for storage when I'm not cooking if the stock cover does not fit or is unreasonably tight.

id like to know this as well. I've modded my 22" quite a bit but I sometimes cook in less than perfect weather and Ive been thinking about a thermal cover to mitigate the temp swings. Let me know if you pick one up.

Back