Greetings from Long Island

Chris in NY

TVWBB Member
Hello everyone...

Glad to be a part of the community. I am a long time BBQ and grilling enthusiast as well as a semi full time (seasonal) Weber service man...i had a background in auto mechanics and also repair a lot of tanning equipment.. When a friend who runs a large local weber dealer asked me to handle services I wound up loving it and now it's become a passion...

One of the perks of the job is the graveyard of removal grills, I picked up a performer deluxe a few weeks back that the owner replaces every two years, and a very clean summit s470 is about to come home next week... Though I've really been enjoying the propane ignition system on the performer and it makes charcoal almost as convenient as gas

Hey Chris welcome to the CLUB I'm here on Long Island as well Ronkonkoma NY have 3 grills and smoker all Weber lol.Where on LI are you?

jerry

Welcome Chris. I grew up on Long Island in Patchogue. Jerry I know Ronkonkoma quite well. I spent many a summer at Lake Ronkonkoma.

Hey there JR well I'm about 10min from Patch. a lot change here I'm here almost 50 years ,How long you been away
jerry

Thanks for the hospitality! I live in riverhead and work in westhampton. If anyone nearby ever needs anything let me know and maybe I can help out!

ha8CaAA4EiCLahyW8

Last weeks pickups, wife not happy. Now hopefully I can fix them and get a few more people grilling this weekend although the work schedule this week may not allow for it... Rain almost every day and already 11 services lined up, mostly on summits which are infinitely more time consuming

Welcome from yet another Long Islander (Huntington) !!
Now I know where to find help when I break something !!

Absolutely, the stockpile keeps growing so don't hesitate to reach out to me... I also get a good discount on most oem parts (mainly the brown box stuff, retail packaged items have lower margin) so if anyone ever needs anything large like a cook box or frame parts I can probably save you a good bit off ereplacements prices

Back