Weber Spirit Grill

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I just acquired a Weber Spirit 2 burner grill. It is going to need some TLC, but I think I can bring it back to life. It doesn't look like anything is completely trashed on it except for the igniter which isn't a big deal. But I don't even know if it will light at this point.

Where can I find the serial number on the grill so I can find some history and hopefully some other information about the grill before I get started pulling it apart. I looked all over it and the only thing I could find was this:

Grill%20Serial%20Number_zpsattfrk4l.jpg

Is that the serial number?

Also, some comments on the general condition of the grill and whether or not it is worth trying to resurect the grill are welcome. I appologize for the bad photos, but the flash on my camera decided to die tonight and I was using a flashlight and garage light to take the photos.

Grill-1_zpspqgkitwd.jpg

Oh, and is that a normal grill grate for these grills? It seems odd compared to what I normally see in a grill?

Grill-2_zpsvbb6fgj0.jpg

I'd clean it up first. A lot of the time, what seems like rust turns out to be grease, and that is one dirty grill! Those grates are ... I don't know what they are.

Clean it up for an hour and see what you've got. It's hard to tell when they're all dirty and neglected like most of them are upon acquisition. The beauty there is people let them go for next to (if not) nothing.

Have fun!

Tim

Yah, I got this for nothing. Guy said it worked earlier this year, but then they tried it a week ago and it wouldn't work. Also noted that it belonged to his wife's EX so he was happy to see it go. Hahaha. I have to agree that that cooking grate is some aftermarket deal or custom job. It is a two piece grate so I am thinking that maybe it is an aftermarket grate and not something that someone fabbed in his garage....but who knows. I will see how it cleans up and then how it grills before I consider a new grate. I am kind of anxious for tomorrow when I can look it over good in some daylight and do some initial cleaning and testing. I haven't even looked under the grates yet and don't know what the burner tubes or flavorizer bars look like.......By the way, what the heck are "Flavorizer bars" I can't imagine that some metal bars do much to flavor the food.

Oh and I did find the data sticker on the grill. It was on the bottom of the cabinet under a quarter inch of crud. It has the same serial number as the one in the previous photo of the sticker on the manifold. I found the owners manual online on the Weber Customer support page. Now I need to cross reference it to find the manufacture date of the grill.

Last edited:
Well, upon my initial inspection, it is going to need new burners and a new igniter at the least. I think the grates are some kind of custom thing and would probably need replacing. And there are only 4 "flavorizer bars" and I am wondering if they are not custom as well. They are fairly heavy and basically just pieces of angle iron. I think OEM flavorizer bars are much thinner. The warming rack and warming basket grates are also in need of replacement. One of the wheel retainers is missing as well.
Total cost from what I can tell will be about $165 to replace it all. I am not sure if that is worth while at this point. I would think that if I make the replacements and repairs and clean it up, I could get my money back on it, but not a whole lot more. A new E-210 costs about $400. I personally don't have a need for a grill that size. It is just my wife and I.
If any one knows a good place to order replacement parts, let me know. I have found Homedepot.com and grillparts.com to be the best so far.

I know factory parts are prefered, but I could save a lot of money by getting some aftermarket parts off Ebay.

If you had a choice, would you buy stainless steel flavorizer bars or enameled steel? What about stainless grates vs enameled steel?

Stainless is much more durable for both grates and flavorizers but usually more expensive

I would go with non SS Ebay parts. You should get at least a couple years of service with those in normal use. That way you can see how it works out for you and if you want to keep it then replace with better grade parts as when needed.

Seems the SS ebay parts are not much more than the enameled steel parts. My hang up right now is finding an aftermarket burner tube for it. The Weber one is pretty pricey, but I am unsure what aftermarket ones would fit it.
It seems I need part #10404 for my grill but some information suggests that weber part #7505 would fit as well and there are plenty of aftermarket parts for that part #.
Spirit E210

The tubes for my grill are 27" long but only 8 3/4" crossover tube. The one in the link #7507 is 10.5 inches crossover tube.
Here are my grill model and serial numbers.
Model Number: 3711001
Serial Number: NT6232930

OK, I just thought of something. This part might just work for me, however, I need to know if the "Crossover" tube is physically attached to the burner tubes or if it is free floating. If it is free floating, I could just cut it to size. The crossover tube on my grill is no longer even attached and the stubs stuck in the burner tubes could have been free floating when new but now they are pretty much corroded in place.

If someone has a new or reletively new burner tube set that they recently replaced, could you let me know if the crossover tube is indeed free floating when new. Also, are the ends specially designed to fit in the burner tubes or are they uniform end to end?

Last edited:
You just may have become an innovator! Measure twice, and twice again, but you might be on to something!

Yah, I just have to verify that the tube ends are not physically attached and don't have some kind of special ends on them since I will be cutting one off. Otherwise, I can order the exact part from Weber, but we all know how ordering direct from a manufacturer is. $$$$$$$$$$$

It seems the Spirit E210 has a couple variations through the years and mine is one of the early ones and has some significant differences with the later models.

Last edited:
Hahha, looking now, appliancefactoryparts says the tubes are 25imches, but they have a photo of the tubes against a measuring grid that shows them to be 27.

Each tube has a hole for the crossover to fit into. Should be fine cutting it down

The extra two inches might be the length that hangs out the side of the firebox where the tubes mate to the manifold. Do you have the old burner tubes? I'd measure those first, and yes, the crossovers on the old Genesis models just slide in to the next burner, easy peasy.

Bruce, why don't you call Weber and talk to one of the customer service folks? They will guide you through the process and give you the right advise. They will tell you if it is worth refurbishing or not. I will tell you my Spirit is the same as yours, but the three burner version. I have had it since 2007, replaced grates to stainless, replaced burners to stainless as well as flavor bars ... oh, and an ignition. I will not trade it for any other gasser, besides, where can you buy a grill as solid as that Weber you got for $165.00??? Even for $200.00 once fully refurbished, I challenge anyone to find a better grill for $200.00.

Well, I have it all cleaned up and ready to go. I did email Weber C/S and they gave me all the part numbers along with prices to buy direct. Their prices actually were not too bad and I will probably just go with them to ensure I don't have compatibility issues. There is just too much discrepancy and uncertainty with my grill when it comes to parts. I think they only made the actual model only a couple years before they made significant changes while keeping the same Spirit E210 model number.

Anyway, I am waiting for some extra cash to find my pocket before I make the order. Then all I have to do is plug in the new parts and fire it up. I will be sure to post up photos when I do.

Back