Does anyone have the Summit Grill Center or Social Center - Wok question

RKendall SF

I'm itching to pull a trigger on a new Summit 670 Grill Center (sad the social center is discontinued) for the main reason I would love to get ride of several separate pieces of equipment i have today.

A griddle (i would use griddles inserts on the 670)
A stove style side burner (Camp Chef)
A outdoor oven for heating food during holiday events (when you need more oven space to cook things at ~350 temps) using indirect burners.

And most importantly retire my Wok burner.

So my question is since I can find almost no reference to anyone with a Grill Center side burner as a Wok. It claims to have 27K which should be more than enough for home stir frys. But I cannot find anyone with videos or discussion of using it other than https://www.anotherpintplease.com/ so I'm not sure at full burn does it reach above the grates enought to heat up the wok to 600+ degree temps in less than a min. So does anyone have one that can comment?

Thanks
Robert

I'm itching to pull a trigger on a new Summit 670 Grill Center (sad the social center is discontinued) for the main reason I would love to get ride of several separate pieces of equipment i have today.

A griddle (i would use griddles inserts on the 670)
A stove style side burner (Camp Chef)
A outdoor oven for heating food during holiday events (when you need more oven space to cook things at ~350 temps) using indirect burners.

And most importantly retire my Wok burner.

So my question is since I can find almost no reference to anyone with a Grill Center side burner as a Wok. It claims to have 27K which should be more than enough for home stir frys. But I cannot find anyone with videos or discussion of using it other than https://www.anotherpintplease.com/ so I'm not sure at full burn does it reach above the grates enought to heat up the wok to 600+ degree temps in less than a min. So does anyone have one that can comment?

Thanks
Robert

I had to google it. That thing is the sectional couch of grills.

Fwiw, I am going to service grill center today. I went there to scout the job in Monday and seeing what I have seen, I would never own one of these... Poor design with proximity of doors so close that they hit each other without very careful alignment the left most cabinet won't allow the left door on the summit to fully open since the handle is offset to the wrong side.. Whole thing seems to be cobbled together from all of the worst parts that the summit has, the frames that are known for rust, same doors which are always sagging etc.. This thing is three years old and looks like it's been to hell and back

Back