New 22.5 - Main chamber out of round ?

Jeff Fox

Lid doesn't fit so good and compared to the top cooking grate I can see the "barrel" or main cooking area is out of round. I guess just squeeze it carefully and make it round again? What's the standard procedure.. ? Thanks in advance for any advice !

I've read some people corrected the middle section by rolling is on their grass and "pressing" it back into round. I guess it really depends how out of round it is and how badly you need to use it.

I read the link at VWB before I even purchased my WSM. (I researched the WSM for about 6 months before buying one).

Lid doesn't fit so good and compared to the top cooking grate I can see the "barrel" or main cooking area is out of round. I guess just squeeze it carefully and make it round again? What's the standard procedure.. ? Thanks in advance for any advice !

When I got mine I had the same issue. Just to let you know I called Weber and they made it right by sending me out a brand new center section either 1 or 2 day air (it was quick). AND They did not require me to send the old section back. I did have to take a few photos of the gap etc but then the guys was very nice and replaced it asap.

It is under warrenty. If it is that bad you should get one that is not in that condition. If it is just a gentle bear hug to slightly modify it is one thing. But if it is worse than that I'd at least call Weber and see what they may do.

Back